Chapter 15

Moria came into the company one morning and Felicity rambled slightly like usual. I stayed out of the room and waited. School was on late start due to some construction for the new additions. Diggle walked in as Isabelle and Oliver were finished talking.

"Oliver, there's been a break in." My father walked out and I followed behind my backpack resting on my back. Felicity grabbed her coat and we all left for the storage.

We all looked at the body of the guard that remained.

"This door was made of expanded reinforced titanium." Diggle said standing up. "What did they use to do this?"

"Not sure. No sign of any explosives." Lance said walking around behind them. I stood be Felicity. "Maybe a crane, maybe a forklift. We're guessing there was at least three of them maybe four. Given how quick they got in and out of here, they were fast." Oliver and Diggle came over to stand next to me and Felicity. We walked around looking for what they took.

"Any idea what these guys were so hot to break in here for? Didn't happen to leave a spare earthquake machine lying around, did ya?" Quintian jabed at Oliver, who just glared making the former detective apologise.

"This is what we're able to pull off the security cameras." Someone said holding out a tablet. We all crowded around it watching the screen. "That's the only guy we got on video. The rest of the crew must've come in after him." The man says.

"Actually it was only one guy." A new voice says walking over to our group. "Uh, sorry I'm late. Actually, my train was late. Well, the second one. The first one I did miss but that was my cab driver's fault. I've got this great traffic app, and.." He rambled reminding me of Felicity. He had brown hair that was spiked and he was kinda an adorable looking kid.

"Who the hell are you?" Qunitan asked.

"Do your parents know that you're here?" Oliver said. I reached over and smacked him lightly on his arm glaring at him slightly.

"I'm Barry Allen. I'm from the Central City Police Department. I'm with the crime scene investigation unit." He pulls a badge out of his pocket and shows it to the group. "We're working on a case with some similar unexplained elements in Central City. So, when the report of your robbery came over the wire my captain sent me up here." Oliver looks at him.

"And you think one guy ripped through this door like it was tin foil?" Quintian asked skeptical.

"One very strong guy, yeah." He pulled his tablet out from under his arm and opened it up. "Uh, it takes about 1,250 foot pounds of torque to break someone's neck. 'see the marks on the guards neck? The bruising patter suggests the killer used only one hand. I'm guessing you dont know how hard it is to break someone's neck?"

"Hmm? No, no idea." Oliver lied pushing me back slightly.

"Should she be seeing this?" Quintian asked looking at me.

"No, Peyton go stand by the door." Oliver orders me. I groan and grudgingly move to the door where I stood my byself. Waiting for them to finish. They talked for a few minutes before Oliver sent Diggle to drop me off at school. I did my classes and had gymnastics after school. It was my favorite kind of day, rainy. I went home that night and did my homework.

Since Oliver came back he hasn't been letting me go out with him as much as I used to. Oliver went out and got hurt slightly. I had to look nice for the party. I convinced Thea and Moira to let me dress in a suit. I wore a bassoon tie that Thea found for me.

Oliver got a call and he left. I followed behind slightly after the party and went to the club. Oliver went out to stop them. He wouldn't respond to our calls on his com. We went to the warehouse he was in and found him lying in the remains of a box with two needles sticking out of his leg. The system they were logged into was shot (literally) and we didn't know what he had running through his system.