Chapter 13

Oliver trained me for a few weeks before everything that happened. Tommy died and Oliver was trying to go back to the island.

"Oliver, no. Don't leave." I ask as he has a duffel bag on his shoulder.

"Peyton, I can't stay here after everything. Tommy, my mom. I can't stay here." He turns to me.
"Where am I going to go?" I ask crossing my arms.
"You're going to stay here. Diggle, Felicity, Thea will check up on you."
"Thea, doesn't even want to be here. She stays with Roy. Why can't I come with you?" I ask.

"It's not safe. Peyton, I have to protect you. With you staying here I know that you will be safe."

"What about you? You are all I have left. My mom is dead and now you're going to run off. Thanks for that Oliver." I say before sprinting out the door.

"Peyton! Peyton!" Oliver runs after me. I sprint to the area where Oliver showed me on my first week here. I couldn't hear him running behind me. I got into the clearing and climbed one of the trees. I sat on one of the branches and I cried.

I didn't want to lose Oliver, he was the only family I had left. Thea, won't talk with me, Moira is in jail, her and Walter got divorced. I hugged myself and leaned up against the tree. I was terrified of losing him.

I stopped crying and I just sat in the tree thinking. I watched the birds in the trees next to me. I was high up and I doubt that I could be seen from the ground. I played with a zipper on my cargo shorts.

"Peyton?" I could hear Oliver wake down below me. "Peyton, I know you're here. I want to talk with you." I stay quiet. " Peyton, I understand that you don't want me to go. This is something that I have to do. I don't want to lose you, that's why I'm doing this. I don't want you to lose me. The me, you met a few months. Tommy's gone, I need to change but I don't want to lose the only thing that's good in my life. You." Oliver sits on a log and puts his head into his hands. I look at him.

"I don't want you to go. I lost my mom and now I'm losing you." I say. His head looks to the direction of my voice. He stands and moves so he can see me a little better. I stand on the branch and climbed down.

"Peyton, I want you to have a future and I don't want to drag you down with me in this. When I feel comfortable I'll be back. You're friends with Felicity, Diggle loves you, Raisa can help you."

"I want to go with you! I want to be with my dad, not some people I just met. I want to be with my dad. I know what being alone is like. I hate it I want to be with the person that knew exactly what I had been through from day one. Not telling me that I'm just a kid, but listening to me and helping me." I say. "Even before the accident and the shit ton of stitches, I couldn't eat that much. I would drink protein shakes and eat a little because I couldn't eat. You were the first person that didn't make me feel like a waste of space or money or food." I wrap my arms around myself to keep myself from crying again.

Oliver grabbed my and hugged me tightly. I cried into his shirt. He picked me up and kept me close to him.

"Let's go back to the house." I hear him tell me. I cling onto him like a koala bear. I fell asleep as he walked us back. When I woke up, I was in my bed blankets pulled up around me. I sat up and looked around. A stray paper was on my desk when I stood up out of my bed. I walked over.

Peyton,

I know you're going to be really mad at me. You need to stay here. You have school, you need to stay safe. Carrying you back in last night, it made me see that you are the only good thing in my life. I can't ruin you. I want you to do what I never got to do. Felicity, Diggle and Risa will be here to help you.

Oliver

I threw the paper down before getting up, showering, and dressing fro Tommy's funeral. Laurel was there and I gave her a hug. Oliver and her might not talk but, she's like a sister to me almost. Diggle drove me home and I stayed the rest of the night finishing homework before going on a run around the property.

I spent the few weeks between the undertaking and school opening again, practicing my archery, bassoon abilities, my fighting with Diggle and my mad computer skills with Felicity. When school finally opened I went to my classes and talked with my friends from both of my schools.

Diggle would take me home and I would do art and sometimes go to my classes for Boxing and MMA. Sometimes Diggle would stay with me and we would spar for a few hours. Laurel would take me too and from school sometimes when Diggle or Felicity couldn't.

This is my new life. Parentless.