Chapter 14

After a few months of living like this Diggle and Felicity left for a weekend. Laurel would pick me up and take me to school and would pick me up and drop me off afterwards. I was at home doing homework in the living room when a knock came at the door.

"Risa, I got it!" I shouted setting my math book on the table. I jump up and hurry to the door before opening it up. Diggle stood in the doorway. "JD!" I shout, jumping onto his back.

"Hey, Koala." He says hugging me. "Can I come in?"

"Yep, so where did you go?" I ask my arms around his neck like a Koala bear, hence the nickname.

"To get me." A new voice says. I let go of Diggle and slide down and look at the newcomer. "Peyton..."

"No, not happening." I point at him. "You left me for 5 months and you don't just get to walk back in and we can act like a little family." I say before going to the living room to get my books and move my stuff to my room.

"Peyton.." He tries again but I ignore him. Diggle stops him from coming up after me. I throw my books on the desk and sit on the window seat and look out into the back yard.

"Hey, can I talk to you Koala?" Diggle asks from the doorway.

"As long as it doesn't include the words, Dad, father, or Oliver." I say looking at him.

"Okay." He agrees and he walks over and sits next to me on the seat. "Why don't you want to talk to him?" I glare at him.

"He left me here. He wasn't the first one and he won't be the last one. I know that." I look at my hands and look at Diggle.

"JD, He left me. I didn't want him to go an he did." I cried into his shoulder. "Dig, I didn't want to get attached. I knew something think this was going to happen. My dad left when I needed him. he bailed on his best friends funeral to run away. He left me here."

"Peyton, your dad left you here because he saw that as the best option. He wanted you to be safe and away from harm. Oliver is new at this whole thing, he just wants to do the best that he can with not messing up. I'm sorry that you felt that he abandoned you but, Oliver is doing his best."

"Diggle can I handle this?" Oliver asks from across the room.
"Peyton, you don't have to talk to him. Just listen to what he has to say." I nod to JD who looks at me before leaving.

"Peyton, honestly I have no idea what I'm doing. I want to raise you better than my parents did with me and Thea. They let us get away with things that we shouldn't have but we did. I need to keep you safe and that's all I want to do. John and Felicity told me about everything that you've been doing since I left on the way back. I never wanted to leave in the first place but I had to. You need a future and I basically took a sabbatical. I'm back and I'm not leaving." Oliver said kneeling in front of my to talk to me.

"I was scared you weren't coming back, it seemed like you didn't want to."

"I did, I really wanted to come back and be a dad for you. Can you let me try to be a dad to you?" He asked me.

"I'll try." I look at him.

"Felicity told me you had a concert. How did it go?" Oliver smiled at me and sat on the seat, where Diggle was a few minutes ago.
"Good. I got to have a little solo." I look at my hands resting on my knees.
"That's really good right? I know nothing about music."

"Yea, it's really good." I say looking up at him laughing slightly. "You know, you might want to learn something about music since I'm not only in band but also choir now. Lots of music events mixed in with my sports."