Chapter 15: Old Friends and Enemies

The ground is slick and cold. I feel dirty, like I haven't bathed in days, and my eyelids feel like their nailed shut.

I can hardly move.

I groan as I feel pins and needles in my body, echoes of pain in each of my limbs.

I slowly push myself up, ignoring the cracking sounds of my stiff bones and gritting my teeth at the pain. I force my eyes open, blinking when they water heavily, and look I around. The floor is covered in grimy mold and what looks like dried blood, making me shudder. My throat feels like sandpaper, and I fight the urge to cough as I force myself to sit up. I'm in just my boxers, and I'm in some sort of cell.

There's windows slightly high up with rusted bars blocking them that connect this room to other cells. My hair is slightly matted and hangs in my face as I lean against the chilled, slimy wall. I'm too tried to care about the gunk sticking to my skin. Letting my eyes wander drowsily, I nearly jump out of my skin when the heavy metal door to my cell slowly swings open, grinding against the floor with an angry screech as it does.

A pair of clunky black combat boots strut into the room, carrying the biggest asshole I've ever met into the room. His stormy gray eyes bore into mine as he smirks at me darkly. I feel my blood run cold as I unconsciously press closer to the wall, farther away from him. All he does is grin at me sickly with that familiar shark-like smile.

"So you've finally woken up, sweetness," he greets in an overly excited voice.

I glare sharply at him. "Y-You," I accuse hoarsely, disgusted by the weakness in my voice and the thing standing in front of me.

He chuckles giddily. "Yup," Avery says, enunciating the "P" sound with a pop. He strides over to me and pulls me up by my hair, making me wince as flickers of pain race down my spine rapidly. I shrivel away from him when he pecks my nose with a shrill giggle. "I'm so happy you finally woke up," he rambles, dragging me along whilst he practically skips out of the room.

The hallway of cells we emerge into isn't much cleaner than the room I was in. I think wherever we are is abandoned, which lowers my hopes of being rescued.

"What...do you want...with me?" I ask, my voice still hoarse and throat still dry.

He giggles madly and stops in his tracks before turning to me. "That's just what I want." He smiles down at me and pulls me to his chest. I wriggle around violently, but I still am too weak to do anything. I can't even fight back when he roughly presses his lips to mine hungrily. "You," he adds quietly, making my lip curl in disgust.

I weakly shove him away. "Don't...fucking touch me!" I order harshly.

All he does is laugh at me.

"You'll be the submissive little pet you're meant to be soon enough," he states quietly, but with finality, before dragging me along once again.

I shiver in everything but pleasure as I'm forced to follow him down the rest of the hallway. We come into a large open room that looks suspiciously like a free area in an old prison, the kind you see on The Most Haunted Places shows. He throws me down in the middle of the room, making me slide across the rough concrete painfully. I wince as I feel my skin scrape against the concrete, causing rug burn along my side. Large barred windows line the walls, just out of reach, making me scowl in disappointment.

"Now, sweetie pop." I nearly groan at another one of his stupid nicknames. "Don't resist, and this will be a lot less painful." His overly sweet tone turns harsh and dark, making me shudder in fear.

I have a feeling that what he's planning isn't very "clean."

"Don't come near me!" I shout angrily, defiantly staring him down as he slowly circles me like a shark.