Chapter 6: Getting Hit On By Creepy Ass Hunks

I've never really been hit on before. Not only have I never had any friends. I've never really known anyone outside of my small town that consisted of mostly people older than me by at least a decade or younger than me by the same amount.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can feel eyes stare me down as I walk through the parking lot. Michael is making me meet him a block away so we aren't seen together.

At least he's waiting for me.

My nerves stand on end as I continue walking, but the feeling doesn't retreat. I feel like I know what's coming next, but I don't really care for the scenarios my mind is creating.

Most of them are bullies jumping me or getting mugged, senarios that make the hair on my body stand on end.

"Hey, cutie."

I stop walking and look around as a mysterious boy struts towards me. He's obviously talking to me, because there's no one else around.

He has dark black hair that hangs into his stormy gray eyes and he's wearing mostly dark, tight fitting clothing. I feel my face turn a blue hue, and I shuffle nervously.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" He asks flirtatiously, lifting my face up with two fingers under my chin.

"C-Con...rad." I swallow nervously, but I feel myself unable to pull myself from the deep gray marbles staring at me curiously.

"Conrad... I like that name," he whispers huskily. It's supposed to be seductive, but I can't tell whether it's working or not. If anything, I feel... uncomfortable.

"I'm Avery," he tells me with a grin that could rival a shark's mouth. I feel a hand of his sneak a grab at my butt, making me squeak and flush. He chuckles at me.

It's not like he's unattractive, but I don't feel like he has the best intentions. It's something my mother and I always had in common. We can tell whether someone seems to mean well or not.

"Look, um," I forcibly step out of his hold, making his shark grin falter slightly before returning to normal, "I'm flattered and all..."

A loud honk stops me mid sentence. The car sits there with a pissed off looking Michael staring out of the rolled down window. The weird part is that he's not glaring at me.

He's glaring at Avery.

"Get in the car," he orders me harshly. I immediately comply.

"Oh," Avery sings with an amused grin plastered onto his pale face, "an overprotective boyfriend! You should've just said you were taken, babe." He winks at me, and my blood runs cold, making me have to hold back a shudder.

Michael doesn't say anything, but his frown deepens.

Avery shrugs with a smug smirk before another boy down the street catches his eye. "I guess it wasn't meant to be," he sighs out sadly. He turns away and continues down the street with the walk of a predator.

Michael immediately rolls up the window and makes the car shoot down the street. An awkward silence descends upon us, and I study Michael closely.

"Thanks for that," I murmur.

He turns toward me with a raised brow. "You aren't mad at me for interrupting whatever that was?"

I feel a bitter laugh escape. "He was just some fucking creep." I glance out the window before turning back to the blonde next to me.

"I'll side with ya there, but most people fall for his charms." He seems more open at the moment, but I decide not to comment. I don't want to ruin this moment.

I shrug. "I guess he's just not my type. I prefer guys who aren't just trying to get laid."

"So, you are into guys?"

"Uh huh," I confirm, running a hand through my curls with a sigh.

"Well," he starts, his gaze hardening once again, "don't read into that. I just don't want you bringing any drama into my house. I don't wanna have to deal with your emotional alien shit and the smell of your freaky sex."

I feel a smile break across my face. Michael's gaze flickers over to me, and he scowls. But, I'm sure that I see a faint blush stain his cheeks before I turn my gaze to the window.

"Dakarians have sex the same way humans do."

*TIME SKIP BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE THEM DO*

"Welcome home boys!" Danny greets us as we climb out of the car. He's leaning out of the doorway with that creepy ass grin smeared across his tan face.

Michael sighs outwardly, but this time there's not a harsh comment or a shove against me. He just looks at me as if he wants to say something. I wait for him to speak as Danny stares at us curiously.

He seemingly decides against it and turns to go inside of the house. On impulse, I rush forward and wrap my arms around him. He freezes, but he doesn't push me away. As the realization sets in that I hugged him, I clear my throat and pull away, immediately going inside. Danny watches me in confusion as I rush passed him and up the stairs.

I just made this so awkward.

I kick off my shoes and throw myself onto my white sheeted bed and curl up under the covers. I feel like my face is on fire as I roll around in shame. I don't know why that hug is affecting me so badly.

Do I like Michael?

Hell no.

Maybe I do...

No. No I don't.

I groan and pull a pillow over my face. I don't like this whole "internal struggle" thing. I want feelings that are cut and dry. I don't want to struggle over whether or not I have feelings for someone who is sometimes an asshole and sometimes a hero.

Thankfully, a call from Austin saves me from any more of my twisted feelings.

"Ey betch!" He calls through the phone. "Whatcha doin'?"

I laugh a little. "Nothin'."

"Good, 'cause we're coming to get you."

"For what?" I quirk a brow in confusion.

"Austin is dragging us to a party," Blake says from somewhere in the background. "Thankfully, you started school on a Friday."

I roll my eyes. "I hope you guys are willing to dress me, because I've never been to a party before."

"Hell yes!" Austin yells out from the floating hologram in front of my face with his picture on it. "Be there in five!"

He hangs up abruptly, making me shake my head with a small smile. I'm glad I've met my friends. They get me out of my comfort zone. That's something I think I've always needed.

"You're going to a party?" A voice says from the doorway, making me turn around swiftly. I'm almost disappointed when I see Danny standing there instead of Michael.

I nod. "I guess so."

He grins at me, and I feel slightly creeped by it. "I'll be downstairs to let them in," he tells me before skipping out of the room.

Why in the hell is this my life?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't expect to update so soon, but hey here it is! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!! I'll see you nuggets in the next update! Don't forget to leave your suggestions in the comments! I love to hear them!! Bai!!! >:3

-IggyScones