Chapter 12: Ridiculous Ranting

I follow Michael out the door, huffing at the tense silence between us.

He hasn't spoken to me since last night because of the whole boner thing. He's probably really embarrassed and stuff, but I still want to talk to him.

I sigh and hop into the car with him. Another tense and awkward silence.

Joy.

I silently pray that he's simply grumpy because it's Monday and that he isn't mad at me.

"Are you mad?" I ask him quietly, so quietly I can barely hear myself.

He glances at me sideways and looks back out the window with a sigh. "No," he admits, but his tone doesn't exactly leave it open for discussion.

I run a hand through my hair as the car pulls into a parking spot. We both get out of the car, drawing a few looks, but neither of us pay attention to them. He's too preoccupied with something, and I'm mulling over what happened.

"Hey guys," Austin jogs up to us with his hoverboard lazily slung over his shoulder, and Blake follows suit, holding a board of his own.

I smile at them, only for it to fall short as I glance at a certain brooding blonde.

Being able to read the atmosphere, the boys don't comment and begin making small talk.

Our odd conversation about "the function of a rubber duck" is cut short by two loud motorcycles pulling into a spot nearby. Of course they're automatic just like cars are.

Blake practically swoons as Damien steps off of his bike, his helmet slightly ruffling his closely cropped hair. The redhead bites his lip as the boy approaches, followed by Alex, who's been stared down by Austin the entire time.

"Hey," Damien greets us casually while Alex is extremely polite.

"Hi," Blake says rather shyly, scratching the back of his neck with a blue hue staining his face. Austin and I silently laugh as we watch the interaction.

Damien practically poses for the nerdy boy, who's having a hard time speaking. All the while, Damien smirks devilishly.

I roll my eyes once the bell rings. "Come on guys. We gotta get to class."

Damien says something to the redhead and bumps his chin gently with his fingers. Blake bites his lip as the bad boy struts away after Michael and Alex.

"I ship it," I tease once he's out of earshot.

Blake rolls his eyes and shoves me playfully before sighing dreamily. "He's the one," he says in a singsong voice.

"You just met him," Austin points out.

"Love at first sight," Blake returns, sticking his tongue out.

"Come on guys," I order with a laugh. "We're gonna be late for class."

*TIME SKIP BECAUSE NOTHING HAPPENS IN CLASS*

"Hold up, guys," Austin calls to Blake and I as the school empties. "I left a book in Biology."

Austin turns and runs down the hall to retrieve said book. Meanwhile, Blake and I stand around boredly as the halls start to empty.

"Well, well, well," some guy sings in a singsong voice.

A small group of guys strut down the hall with smirks playing across their faces.

I've never seen them before, this being my second day at school, but Blake knows them, judging by the way he sucks in a breath nervously.

"Who's your friend, red?" The leader asks in that classic mocking tone all bullies use.