Chapter 10: Back to Mystic Falls

“Damon!” I sang, as I jumped out of the shower and threw my clothes on quickly. I was so excited to go shopping with him today.

                I heard a small groan from the bed so I jumped on top of my still sleeping Damon and said, “Wake up, Damon!”

                “Elena,” Damon groaned again, burying his head into his pillow. I rolled off him and pulled his body close to mine, forcing him to look at me.

                “Rise and shine, my sexy husband!” I knew that would get his ears perked.

                “Mmm, I like how that sounds,” Damon’s lips turned up and he kissed me, “You’re jumpy today!”

                “I want to take you shopping and don’t want to spend our last day here in bed, Damon! Come on, get up!” I jumped out of the bed and Damon followed, backing me against the wall of our room.

                I laughed, “Damon, get dressed and put some clothes on!”

                “Don’t you prefer me this way, Elena?” Damon teased, as he pressed his body against mine, making me want him right there.

                “No, no, no, you need to go get dressed,” I stopped myself from giving in, “I can’t do this right now –we’ll never leave our bed! I want to go out Damon.”

                Damon sighed, “Alright, alright, I’m getting ready.” He gave me a quick kiss on the lips and hopped into the shower.

                We finally left the hotel an hour later. Damon suggested that a taxi take us around, but I wanted to walk with him. We walked with our hands intertwined, and we were able to get to the shops in less than 15 minutes because they were so close by. There was a Mexx that caught my eye, so I dragged Damon towards it.

                “Hello, how is the lovely couple today?” one of the sales associates greeted us.

                “Fantastic, thank you,” Damon responded.

                “Is there anything I can help you with?” he added, smiling.

                “Yes, could you just direct me to the dress shirts, for men?” I asked, glancing up at Damon who looked down and smiled.

                “Of course, they’re right over here. Let me know if you need anything else!” the sales associate left, leaving me to sort through the shirts.

                I found a really nice navy blue shirt that would look amazing on Damon, so I grabbed it and held it up against his chest, “This one looks really nice, Damon!”

                Damon looked in the mirror and smiled, “Alright, we’ll take it. ‘Lena you pick whatever you want, I’m leaving you in charge. I only get dressed up for you anyway.” He winked at me and sat down on the bench next to the shirt rack laughing at me as my eyes lit up and I began filling my arms with shirts that I knew I’d love on Damon.