Chapter 3: The Other Half

“Wow, everyone’s looking ridiculously good!” I complimented my friends and family after heading downstairs.

                Jeremy smiled, “You’re looking beautiful yourself, Elena.”

                “Thanks, Jer,” I hugged my brother, unable to wipe the smile from my face, “This is going to be a blast!”

                “And me? How do I look, ‘Lena?”

                I closed my eyes when I heard that beautiful angelic voice getting closer to me.

                Turning around, Damon was facing me wearing his trademark smirk. He was wearing a deep blue shirt with dark black pants and a sleek jet-black belt – one that I would have liked to take off right then and there. The thought of him taking me in his bedroom again made me bite my lip. He caught me staring.

                “Not liking my belt, Elena? Want to help me take it off?” Damon joked.

                I could feel my face heat up, “Damon! Oh my god, okay…we should leave, I’m just…” I was really flustered at the moment. Jeremy was standing right there with Bonnie. This situation couldn’t get any more awkward.

                Alaric entered, “Something wrong?” He looked at me.

                “Just Damon making his sexual comments as usual,” Jeremy spoke up, shaking his head, but still smiling slightly.

                “I don’t want to know. Forget I asked.”

                Caroline called from outside. Alaric was taking everyone in the big van that he bought. Damon and I were taking the Camaro.

                “Come on, handsome,” I smiled at Damon who grinned as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

                Damon and I sat in his Camaro. I made sure I saved it. After thinking I had lost Damon forever, I wanted to make sure I had every piece of him. This car was our thing. Way back when, Damon had “kidnapped” me and we had our fun road trip to Georgia in it, he had driven me to and from Whitmore College multiple times in it, and we died together in it. The Camaro meant so much to me simply because the two of us had shared a lot of memories in it.

                “I hope you fixed this up properly, Elena. Next thing you know we’re stuck in the middle of nowhere!” Damon grinned at me.

                “Eyes on the road, grandma!” I joked.

                He looked back at me, smiling, remembering when I had told him the same thing on our road trip to Georgia. I smiled back and winked. My hand was resting near the gear shift. Damon lifted his hand off the steering wheel to hold mine and squeeze my fingers in his.