Chapter 10

I woke up to the sound of foot steps nearby the bed thinking it was Milly, but when I opened my eyes I was totally wrong. It was my mother and step father.

"Hello Olivia." My mother said, with an evil tone in her voice. I'm not sure if that's normal or not but she always sounds like that. I didn't like it one but.

"Mother." I nodded. I looked over to my step father. "Liam."

He didn't bother replying. I rolled my eyes not even bothering.

"What brings you here, shouldn't you be at school?" Mum asked eyeing me.

"You really think I'm going to leave James here like this?" I argued.

"Don't use that tone on me young lady."

"Well then don't ask a stupid question" I glared at her and she huffed looking away and grabbing the chart, making Hm, Mhm and Ah noises after everything she read. 

I'd only been awake less then 10 minutes and she's already driving me insane.

Liam turned and looked at me. "Oh your mother hasn't told you yet, but you'll be staying with us until he's out of here."

"Hah! You're funny."

"I wasn't joking" Liam replied, oblivious to my sarcasm.

"Cut the attitude right now Olivia! You're staying with us, Nurses orders." Mum said loudly causing James to stir. His eyes fluttered open slightly and I ran beside him again, mum and Liam both stood there just staring. They clearly didn't care.

"James? How are you feeling?" I asked as he woke up completely.

He looked at me smiling. "I'm okay, just very sore." He turned to face mum and Liam and whispered to me "What are they doing here, I didn't call for them?"

I just shrugged because I didn't know either.

"Ah James my dear." Mum said sweetly, but I saw the sickness behind the sweet. "Did you have a nice sleep love?"

"Oh yes, not being able to move from being in pain was just delightful." He replied with a sigh.

Mum just glared at him and continued, ignoring the sarcasm "Well then, shall I call the nurse, and let her know you're awake."

"No I'll do it" I turned to push the buzzer and mum pushed past me to do it before I could.

"I insist" She glared at me.

I swear that woman was mental. Maybe she's the one that should be in a hospital. Eh I'm really not looking forward to having to stay with her. I'll have to make sure I have all my necessities with me, I need to have someone to talk to if things get tough here.

I spent the whole morning and afternoon arguing with my mother and Liam as James drifted in and out of sleep during check ups from the nurse.

Nurse Milly came in to tell my mother that visiting times were over, but that I could stay, but mum insisted I stayed with her. I sighed as she made me grab my stuff and lead me out the room, but before she could drag me out I said goodbye to James and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

As we got into the car mum began to talk. "Ah isn't it great to be staying with your mother again?"

"Oh yes, it's delightful so far." I mumbled.

"Be nice to your mother, Olie." Liam turned to me.

"Don't call me Olie, only those I allow can call me that, and I'd prefer YOU didn't."

He glared at me before turning around and huffing. Mum pat his shoulder lightly while focusing on the road.

"So seeings you live on the other side of town to my school, how will I get to school." I asked.

"Oh you have to figure that out on your own. And don't think you'll be staying home either."

" I didn't plan on it." I sighed.

As we got to mums house, I placed everything in my old bedroom and got my laptop out to check bus time tables. I sure as hell wasn't going to ride my bike, not unless I had to, and well looking at these, there is a 90% chance I will have to. I sighed and went to the shed to get it out and pump up the tyres. As I was pulling it out, A box of black spray paint cans fell off the top shelf.

As I pulled out my old bike, I pulled out the box of spray paint too.

I leaned the bike against the fence and grabbed out the bike pump, sitting it next to the box of cans.

I pulled off the screw that holds the air into the tyre and started pumping.

Once they were both pumped up I grabbed a couple cans of spray from the box, stood the bike up-right and began to recolour the bright pink monstrosity. I swear you needed sunglasses just to look at that thing.

I left it outside to dry and went to throw out the empty cans I had just used up. After doing so I went inside to unpack my bag. I sat on my bed going through my bag as mum barged through the door.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR BIKE! IT WAS PINK LAST TIME I LOOKED!" She blasted.

"Yeah it WAS pink, now it is black, you want me to get to school? That's the only way I'll get there, and I'm NOT riding a pink bike." I argued back. She sighed and slammed the door as she left my room. Unfortunately this room was pink too, but so pale it was almost white. But I guess it's only temporary right?

I set up everything in my old room how I like it, thankfully she left my desk in there and a few old books that I loved. I'll make sure to go to my real home on my way back from school tomorrow and grab some more stuff because I think it could be a while before James will be allowed out of hospital.

I got bored of sitting on my bed staring at my walls, so I got up and sat at the desk and went onto the computer.

I had 3 inboxes. That's unusual. But looking at the people who sent them made me smile; Ryan, Luce and Seth. I looked at them all.

Ryan: Hey you, where were you today, is everything okay?

Luce: Ryan said he didn't see you today, he's worried about you. Please get in touch. :)

Seth: Hey Olie, how was your day? I enjoyed the other day, we should do it again soon :D

I sent a message to them all letting them know what was going on with James and how I'm staying with my mother for a while unfortunately, but they will see more of me, I promised them that.

"Olivia!" Liam called from down the hall. "What have you done with my paint!"

I walked out of my room, closing my laptop before I did, because mum is a snoop. As I neared him I called out, "I used a couple cans, I'll replace them for you tomorrow!"

"Thank you! But next time ask, is that too much to ask for?"

"Yeah sorry." He was being strangely nice to me, which was a shock. But then again I guessed it was because mum was out getting stuff for dinner.

I made my way back to my room and closed my door behind me as I got in. I opened up my laptop again and noticed a reply from Ryan.

Ryan: Oh that sucks! Make sure you tell me everything tomorrow okay? :)

I wrote back: I promise I will.

Mum got back and prepared dinner and we ate in silence. I set my alarm for 5:30am before going to bed, because I'll have to be up REALLY early tomorrow. Great.

HEY GUYS! Let me know what you think! I'm in need of some feedback x3 Thanks for reading, I appreciate it :3