Chapter 3

I made my way into the class and everyone was already seated. There was only one seat left. I guess that would be mine, and of course it was in the middle of the room, where everyone could see me. Great, just great! I sat at the spot that was obviously left for me and placed my bag under the table.

The teacher had come in, Mr. Jones I think his name was.

"Okay student's please get out your text books and turn to page 183." He said in a British accent. "Oh also, before I forget. We have a new student, Olivia Jackson. Please stand up Olivia."

I slowly stood up as everyone turned to look at me.

"C'mon kid! We don't have all day!" I heard someone yell. This made me stand upright straight away. "Okay now sit." The same voice said to me as if I was a dog. I turned to the voice and glared.

"Watch out we got a raccoon in the class! I didn't think animal were allowed in the school." This same boy said.

"If animal aren't allowed then why are you here?" I insulted. This made the whole class go Ooooh!

"Because they allow Stallions."  

"You're no stallion, you're a Dog crossed with Gorilla."

"Jake! Olivia! Quiet! Sit down Olivia!" Mr. Jones yelled. 

I quickly glared at this Jake boy and took my seat getting out my books and pencil case. I got a smile from the boy next to me and he gave me a pat on the back.

"Good on ya kid, no one stands up to that douche bag, especially not a girl." He smiled "I'm Ryan by the way." He smiled again except with a more toothy grin.

"Well I'm Olivia, as you already know." I smiled back.

Ryan had soft black flippy hair and deep blue eyes,  perfect teeth, pale complexion and a great taste in clothes. Finally, someone who doesn't look like an idiot or tramp. He was actually kind of cute. I smiled to myself, I must slowly be fitting in, just like Janie had said.

Class wen't by quite slowly.

"Hey Ryan, do you mind if I stay with you today, I don't know anyone." I asked while we were packing up our stuff.

"Of course not, you can stay with me whenever you want." He grinned again, I grinned too.

As we were leaving the class I heard the same voice from earlier yell out my name.

"Hey Olivia!" Jake yelled.

I turned to look at him as he walked towards me.

"What do you think you were doing back there, punk?" He blasted.

"Oi, asshole. Leave her alone, she doesn't need your shit." Ryan yelled back while mnoving to stand infront of me.

"Oh so you have back up now eh?" Jake said looking around Ryan towards me.

"No, I have no back up at all. He just knows how much of a dog you are and he's trying to steer me out of your way."

"Oh do I scare you Olivia?" He cooed.

"No you don't at all, Ogres don't scare me." I turned to walk away pulling Ryan with me because I didn't want him getting into trouble because of me. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I shook it off and walked faster.

"Woah Olivia, you've got some guts standing up to him!" Ryan said with amazement in his voice.

"I haven't got guts, I just know what it's like to have people like him bully me. And please, call me Olie."

"Okay then Olie." He smiled. "So you've been through this before have you?"

"Too many times, that's why I moved, I was hoping for a fresh start. But you know, you can't always get what you want."

"Aw that sucks. Well I'll make sure to look after you, you can count on me."

"Thanks Ryan, that means a lot to me." I smiled.

The bell rang quickly and it startled me, I heard Ryan giggling beside me.

"Hey do you want me to walk  you to your next class?" 

"Sure why not!" I gave Ryan my map

"Oh! We have the same class! That makes life easier."

He grabbed my hand and we walked to class. I stared at our hands smiling. I have a friend.

That class went by quick as did the rest of the day. I walked out of the school, to the car park and saw James in his car waiting for me, I waved quickly when Elizabeth popped out in front of me.

"Hey! How was your first day!" She said excitedly.

"It was fine" I smiled trying to get past her to get to the car. She stood infront of me again.

"Sorry about this morning, they can be rude sometimes."

"Don't stress." I tried to get past her again and she stood back infront of me.

"So where you off to?"

"Well I'm trying to get to my brothers car to go hom but you keep stopping me."

"Oh right sorry. BYE!"

I sighed a breath of relief, I didn't think she would ever leave me alone. 

Ryan on the side :'3