Chapter 8

I woke up in the morning coming to the sudden realisation. I was asleep outside. But not only that, I was sleeping next to Seth. The gorgeous boy I'd only met less then 24 hours ago. I actually quite like him. But there was something else lingering in my mind. It will be 5 years next week that my father has passed away. I tried not to think of it but so many things would remind me of it.

I rolled over in the hammock and watched Seth sleeping. He looked so peaceful. His eyes started to flutter open and he smiled.

"Good morning Olie."

"Morning" I smiled back.

He started to look around and suddenly fell off of the hammock. I tried to hold back a laugh but it escaped my lips. I was giggling all over the place.

"What's so funny?" Seth asked as he got up rubbing his head.

"Oh nothing." I was still giggling, He glared at me. I ended up giggling more.

My tummy grumbled.

"Hm. Food time." I smiled.

"Sounds good to me."

He followed me into the house & Luce and Ryan were seated at the kitchen island with a plate of eggs and bacon on toast each.  Luce saw me enter the room with Seth trailing behind and smiled.

"Morning you two. Your brother made us breakfast before he left for work. We woke up late, so I guess we aren't going to be at school today." She said and I looked up at the clock, it was 5 past 10. 

"And where is ours?" Seth demanded while looking around my shoulder.

" Well if you looked to your left you will see the stack next to you" Ryan said with the voice of a tour guide. Seth laughed and grabbed our plates and made his way to the island.

"I'll be back!" I said walking off down the hall to the study.

I walked into the small space and saw a sticky note attached to the wall with my name on it. I walked up to read it and noticed there was another under it, it was from my brother it read:

"I wont be home until late, the office wants me in later tonight for a meeting, be safe."

I pulled the notes off the wall and made my way back to the kitchen. Seth was eating like a pig and he began eating mine too. I rolled my eyes at him as he said sorry with a full mouth. I went to the cupboard getting cereal and a bowl then to the fridge for some milk.

I prepared the cereal and  placed it on the island as everyone spoke, and grabbed a spoon from the cutlery draw before sitting down. 

I was lost in my own thoughts as they all spoke, I could have sworn they were talking to me during some parts of the conversation, but as I looked up they looked too busy talking to one another, I stared down at my cereal playing with the individual bits every so often with my spoon. I was thinking about too many things to keep track of what they were. 

I'd finished the cereal and collected all the dishes, smiling at everyone, then moving to rinse them and place them into the dish washer. The washer was pretty much empty so I didn't bother turning it on, I just closes it and moved back to the island, leaning against it.

It felt like everything from that point went too fast, I don't even remember anyone getting up and leaving. All I knew is I was alone, and it was dark and pouring with rain. I knew James would becoming home late, so I cooked myself some chicken and another for him and left it in the oven so it would stay warm for when he got home. I sat alone at the dining table, only thinking about my father. I wish he didn't have to go. I thought of all the good things that we did together. My eyes started to blur from the tears welling up in my eyes. I missed him so much. I stopped the individual tears from rolling down my cheeks, grabbed my food and placed it in the fridge since I had lost my appetite. 

Once I'd closed the fridge, I wiped my eyes, blew my nose and my phone rang.