Organization

As I descended down the staircase I began to feel extremely nervous, what if his parents didn't approve of me?

They'll love you, A voice said and I almost jumped in shock. I looked over at Kayden and he was on the other side of the room snickering at me.

"Did you forget we can mind link now?" He said with a small grin. I rolled my eyes at him and muttered a small string of curse words underneath my breath.

I heard that, He said playfully.

Get out of my head! I linked him before cutting him off.

"I'm starting not to like this," I pouted, "Now I have to start blocking off both you and Adrianna. He shook his head chuckling as I walked towards him. He held his arms out for me and I gave him a small hug before attempting to let go. Obviously, he had other plans in mind.

"Let me go," I squealed, but he would not budge. I was struggling to get out of his grip but he just stood there, laughing at my lame attempt.

"Give me a kiss first." I rolled my eyes yet again and went up onto my tip toes to give him a kiss on the cheek. Kayden growled at me jokingly. "A real one," He added with a smirk. I gave him a small look of disapproval before pecking him on the lips.

Once again, he would not let me go. Before I could protest again he bent his head down slightly and pressed his lips against mine. He hummed in approval and my body began to respond to him, lazily wrapping my arms around his neck.

Before we could get too far I heard a cough and an excited squeal. We broke apart to look at who had made the noises and once I did, I began to blush profusely. "Hi Mom, Dad." Kayden greeted, scratching the back of his neck lightly.

"Ah! You've found your mate!?" The woman, whom I presume to be his mother, exclaimed. She ran up and gave me a big hug, excited to finally meet me. Kayden's father also came up to give me a small hug before letting go.

"Hi Mrs. and Mr. Giordano, I'm Charlotte, Kayden's mate." I gave them each a friendly smile, offering my hand to shake politely.

"Oh please, call me Katherine and this is James, my husband." She said kindly, offering me a smile of her own. They both seemed like friendly people and Kayden slung an arm around my waist as a reassurance.

See, I told you so. I tried to hard not to roll my eyes but instead pinched his hip slightly, almost making him jump. I stifled a laugh and continued to introduce myself to his parents.

"So how long ago did you two meet?" Katherine asked. The two of us looked at each other wearily before Kayden spoke.

"About two months now?" He said sheepishly and his mother gasped and hit his arm.

"You kept this beautiful young lady from us for two months?" She exclaimed.

"Well on my defense there were some compli--"

"No excuses mister! We have to plan the ceremony ASAP!" Kayden rubbed his temples, groaning at what his mother was pushing on him all at once.

Don't you dare even think of saying it Kayden.

I told you s--

"Ah!" He jumped, later glaring at me for pinching him again.

"Are you okay?" Katherine inquired," But as I was saying, we need to organize her Luna ceremony like now! You have a dress right?" She asked out of breath. I nodded my head slowly and she audibly sighed in relief, "Thank Goddess."

"Katherine dear, I think we need to lay off the kids a bit. See? Her mark is still fresh, let them breath a little." I've just met Kayden's dad, but I'm just thankful he's already on our side. Sheesh, this woman is crazy? Five minutes into the conversation and she's full on planning mode.

Kayden wasn't kidding.

I can't help but like her though, she just seems so nice!

"Fine, but the ceremony will be soon." She said sternly with a slight pout. James nudged her arm warningly, "Or whenever they're ready?" Katherine said sheepishly. I couldn't help but smile at the two, even after ages of being together they still look like they're in the puppy love stage.

"Well Mom, if you don't mind I'd like to spend some time with my mate." Kayden said, trying to get away from his parents.

"Fine, but I expect to see you both back down for dinner, we have some catching up to do mister." She replied, lifting up a finger for emphasis. Immediately Kayden grabbed me by my waist and bolted out of the room at an inhuman speed. I squealed at the sudden movement and was then placed down once we got back to his bedroom.

As he shut the door I asked him, "Why did you want to leave so suddenly? They just got here," They had only arrived not too long ago and I had thought we'd stick around a little longer at least.

"My mother was already driving me insane, did you not see her try to plan dates for your ceremony? I'm just glad I told Alice to buy you the dresses alrea--"

"You did what!? That's why she bought me all those clothes? Oh my Goddess Kayden you sneaky little--" He placed a hand over my mouth, chuckling slightly. I tried to glare at him but the smile on his face was too heart warming and I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Shh, don't worry about it. Now, let's just enjoy our time alone before it's dinner time." He took a seat on the bed, holding my wrists as he took me with him. I was on his lap, my arms lazily resting on his shoulders as I looked into his eyes. He pressed a chaste kiss to my lips and ran his hands through my hair.

"What have we been missing out on?"