Chapter 15 : Fatigue

Reuniting with my family after so many years has been invigorating. There's been so much catching up to do, and for an entire four days, that's all we did.

Though my parents did have to return to the pack at some point, I was happy just to have them around.

Though, I've been spending so much time worrying about them, and Kayden, and everything that was going on, that I haven't found much time for myself. And on top of the constant nightmares, sleeping has become a mere side note.

"Charlotte, are you even listening to me?" Kayden asked, waving a hand in front of my face. I snapped out of the daze I practically lived in. My head was aching and it took all my willpower to keep my eyes open.

My wolf was completely restless. It's like she can't manage unless Kayden is around and it's driving me insane. "Sorry," I muttered, "What were you saying?" I asked sleepily.

"I was trying to tell you that you look exhausted, when was the last time you slept?" He asked, studying my face. My eyes had dark circles and bags underneath them and I was already struggling to keep my head up.

"I don't know, three days ago?" I shrugged, not wanting to talk about it. When I sleep, nightmares come. I don't want them to so what do I do? Well of course, not sleep.

"Go get some rest, that isn't good for your health." I rolled my eyes at him, I already knew that. But I really didn't want to. The images of their faces are already hard enough to keep from my mind. Giving it a break would only allow them to resurface, and that's been happening a lot to begin with.

"I'll manage," I took a small sip of coffee as I went back to sketching on a little napkin. Kayden looked up at me from the documents he had been reading. I squirmed under his gaze.

"Nope, you need to sleep Charlotte. You look like a were-zombie." I scoffed at him, brushing off his words.

"Way to blow my self esteem." I mumbled, not paying close attention to what he was doing.

I wish I had been though, because in an instant I was being picked up and marched upstairs. Sparks shot up my arms and legs where our exposed skin was touching. My inner wolf purred in delight. I shivered at the touch, not sure if I liked it or not.

"What do you think you're doing?" I said kicking my legs a little. He ignored my question as I continued to be carried upstairs. He roughly opened his bedroom door and plopped me down on his bed. "Why not mine?" I groaned.

"Your room smells like paint." That was true, all this time awake has to be put towards something. I rolled my eyes yet again and rolled myself in his sheets. Might as well get comfortable while I'm here, it's not like he's letting me leave any time soon.

I thought he was going to leave me alone and finish the rest of his documents but I felt the left side of his bed dip. We both situated ourselves underneath the comforter and I couldn't help but feel awkward. Why was he even here?

I was completely enveloped in his scent, it was everywhere. I liked how he always smelled fresh and woodsy.

His bed felt much softer than mine and I e]njoyed how fluffy everything felt. For such a 'tough Alpha' his bed was softer than a cloud.

An arm slid underneath my waist and Kayden pulled me closer to his body. I was still confused as to why he was in here with me. It's only morning time. I shivered under his touch as he placed a light kiss to the base of my neck, nestling his head into it.

"I couldn't sleep either."