10 // before prince charming

Ashlynn stared at the strange man who laid on her bed. He wasn't supposed to be here, or her stepfamily would freak out and kick her out. But she couldn't have let him all alone, injured and freezing in his wet clothing.  The servant was taking a small stroll as her stepfamily was out on a tea party when he was found unconscious with his upper half of his body peering out of the river. At first she was hesitant, but with the help of her animal friends, she was able to take him to her room. And that was how she was in this situation.

     She hoped that the man would wake up before Cornelia, Anastasia, and Melissa arrived. But it seemed that he would never wake up, maybe a kiss would awake him. Ashlynn seemed to be the kind of girl that dreamed. So she puckered her pink-cream lips and leaned. Sadly, at that moment the man's eyes opened and sprang upward from the bed until a scream escaped. Ashlynn screamed startled at the rapid act. The two stayed for a whole two minutes screaming at each other.

    " WHO ARE YOU?! WHERE AM I?! WHY WERE YOU ABOUT TO SMOCH ME?!" the man shouted with his high pitched screams.

    " Please calm down sir..." Ashlynn trembled as she whispered, feeling quite embarrassed. What if this man had a family? What a horror!

    " WHY IS MY CHEST EXPOSED?!ARE YOU A MOLESTER?" he continued to scream. Ashlynn kept urging for the man to cool a little. She then later explained that he was unconscious and was beat up a little. So she took him in for treatment. The man luckily calmed down.

     " Oh my goodness, I am terribly sorry my dear. For all the trouble I caused, and for screaming at you. I do beg your forgiveness." the man took a deep breath. " What is your name dear?"

     " It's Ashlynn, and for a handsome man like you I guess it's alright." she flirted.

     " Well, I guess being a Huntsman have it's advantages." He smirked as he held out his hand while she shook it. Not noticing the endless blinking. "I'm Hunter."

     " And what's a beautiful maiden doing here and not in a palace?" Hunter asked as Ashlynn blushed.

     " Well, I'm a servant and I work for my step-mother and sisters." Ashlynn stood up and left the room, a while later she came back as placing dry clothing on a rocking chair. " I believe these are yours."

     " But why would they do that to you?" Hunter asked, concerned.

     " I guess I just never met their expectations." Ashlynn continued to place the folded clothing. " Not enough to get paid or fed, at least."

     " That's...ridiculous!" Hunter shot up from the bed, with only his wet trousers on. " Don't they know that slavery is wrong?"

     " Don't get too worked up, you just woke up, and you haven't healed yet." Ashlynn faced him.

      " Ashlynn, I know we have just met. But I know that you're not happy this way. You need to be free. Come with me, you can live with us in Huntsman Valley . All I have to offer is a small tent for now. You'll be welcomed with a positive environment, plenty of resources."

     " Why are you helping me?" Ashlynn asked, it was a nice offer but a stranger randomly helping a servant like her was just unusual.

     " I know how it's like, but it's a long story. Also, if you never encountered me, I probably would have been eaten by wolves or bears by now. You saved my life. Let me repay you."

      " Thank you." Ashlynn looked down as Hunter lifted her chin. She then went for a big bear hug. She was going home.

      Her real home.