9 // special guest pt.2

" Alright, just crack the eggs on my hands so the yolk can be separated from the rest, that way the cake can be fluffy." Ashlynn instructed Alexa. The two were making their special rain cakes since the weather outside had just turned ugly. The clouds were crying as if the sun had just left the solar system.

     " I remember making these all the time when I stayed over this summer." Alexa smiled. " Do you remember?"

     " I remember," Ashlynn smiled back. " and you know what else I remembered? The recipe." she touched Alexa's nose, which now had flour upon it.

     " Oh come on Ash that isn't fair, you know that I can sometimes forget things." Alexa cracked the eggs, sort of a way to get back. But Ashlynn just went with her flow and separated the yolk to a different bowl.

     " You're not the only one..." Ashlynn looked down upon the bowl.

     " What happened?" Alexa groaned. "Did he forget about the anniversary today?"

      How could he forget? Today was the day that Ashlynn and him went on their first public date back during their year at Ever After High. How could he forget? They even kissed at public that day. They could finally show that they could love each other that day. Was he embarrassed because what happened before that day? Did he think that today wasn't important? Alexa almost wanted to cry.

    " You remembered?" Ashlynn gasped, but Alexa caught on. She knew that she was trying to change the subject.

    " Ashlynn Ella, did he forget or did he not forget?" Alexander spoke. "Because if he did, I'll give him a piece of my mind—"

     " Alexander Huntsman! He is your brother, you can't talk about him like that!"

     " W-w-well, you're my sister." Alexa mumbled, but it was loud enough for Ashlynn to hear. And as she heard it, she dropped the egg remains. " I mean, you're like a sister, but I consider you a sister because technically—"

     " Alexa, what did he tell you?" Ashlynn placed her hands on Alexa's shoulders.

     " He didn't tell me anything, I found out something. But I'm not going to tell you! And you can't force me!" Alexa grabbed a spoon and started to mix, fast as her arms could.

     " Fine, I won't." Ashlynn sighed. " I guess I'll never know." Alexa laughed.

     " You can be so difficult sometimes, I'll tell you. But the catch is that you can't react to this." Alexa scoffed as she held up a pinkie. " Promise?"

     Ashlynn hesitated for a moment, because who knew what she could find, but she held up her own finger: "Promise." the two twisted the fingers until they hugged. " A promise is a promise."

     " Alright, I found a ring. There, I said it." and right on cue, the door started to unlock and it opened. Revealing a tall guy with full-grown brown hair, no longer filled half of his head. His shoulders were broad and he wore a white flannel and black pants. He was either going to propose or The he worked at an office. Either way, he looked stupid. One thing he needed was his idiotic grin to make him look even more stupid.

    " Alexa!" Hunter called out as she run over to hug him. If there was one good thing about him, it was his big hugs. And it fit too since he was a tall person. She hugged him tight as she could while he stroked her curly hair.

     " I miss you so much, and it's been too quiet without you here." he spoke as Alexa slightly turned her head towards Ashlynn's direction. She was crying, her palm cover her mouth. All in the state of shock, Alexa would be too. Hunter noticed as he let go of his sister and walked towards his significant other.