4 // sick...

" Why...." Hunter moaned as he blew into the hundredth tissue of the day. Today was felt like the longest day of the year, yet it was fall closing into winter. Then again, flu and cold season was whipping through like the bubonic plague. Hunter, apparently, were one of the victims of this event. He placed his arm upon his eyes as he closed him. He couldn't even see and he felt tired.

     There was this thing, when a Huntsman was sick, they felt like they were close to the edge of death. It was probably because they barely get any sickness due to their strong immune system. However, when they weren't immune to being miserable and stuffed by their insides.

    Another victim in the house was Ashlynn, with her sweet nature she was given no choice but to take care of her sick boyfriend. But her sarcastic nature also told her that she would have to deal with his peculiar and huntsman nature.

    " You poor baby..." Ashlynn shook her head. A rush of empathy folded her arms and put on the sad look. " I wish I could join you but...you know."

    " Oh, its alright. I don't mind. Just go along your day." Hunter sinked into his blankets, as Ashlynn raised her eyebrows. " Don't mind me...I'm just slowly dying here..."

    " Hunter please, it's only a cold." Ashlynn said as she sat on the seat next to the bed. He uncovered his arm from his face, giving a small and sensitive face. Then to fake cough into his elbow.

    " Yeah, I guess..." Hunter frowned as Ashlynn placed a layer of a warm blanket on him. Then she placed her hand on his forehead.

     " At least it seems that you don't have a fever..." Ashlynn commented as she stood up. She was about to head to the kitchen when she asked: " Do you want anything?"

" I am craving something with meat in it—"

" Hunter, don't even think about it. Get your facts straight, you're vegan." Ashlynn shook her head. She had almost forgot that Hunter had these weird cravings when he was sick. She left the room with a disappointed patient.

" But...my mom does have this delicious soup recipe that you'll love." Ashlynn peered from the doorway. Hunter gave a crooked smile.

" Does it have meat in it?" Hunter asked softly with a spark of hope in his meat-craving heart

" I said soup not stew." Ashlynn groaned as she left the doorway. Some time later, she came back with a recipe book in her hands. " But hey, look on the bright side...there's jalapeños in this."

Hunter gasped as he tried reaching for air. His heart fluttered, he could already taste the Latino spice. Ashlynn stood in bewilderment as she stared at the recipe.

" Is it...what I think it is?" Hunter jumped out of the bed, seeing the recipe for himself. " It is!"

" Luckily it's vegan, oh, and gluten free." Ashlynn added.

" Alright! So are we going to make the soup or not?" Hunter asked.

Ashlynn raised her eyebrows: " Who said we were making the soup? You're staying in bed mister, you're sick."

     " B-But." Hunter stuttered in sadness. " I just want to help, even if I'm sick. Making the soup will partially make me feel better..."

   " Why's that?" Ashlynn crossed her arms.

   " Well," Hunter started. " It isn't really healthy for someone to stay in bed all day. Especially if they're sick..."

    " No, you're staying in bed, whether you like it or not." Ashlynn smiled.

    " Are you sure? The soup will be delicious if you let me help." it was a nice offer, especially since Hunter was the cook of the house. The last time Ashlynn cooked something was avocado mousse, it didn't go so well.

    " For some apparent reason you're telling me that I'm a horrible cook." Ashlynn took to an offense. Hunter widened his eyes and in a second he began to comfort his girlfriend.

    " No, no! You're not a horrible cook...it's just that...an extra pair of hands and a little more love—" giggles disbursed from Ashlynn as she hit her hand on Hunter's back.

    " I got your sick ass so well." Ashlynn wiped a tear of humor as Hunter left the kitchen.

    " I guess you don't need my help." Hunter huffed in triumph as he trudged back to their bed. " I'll be expecting the soup in thirty minutes."

    " I like a challenge..." Ashlynn said as she took out the ingredients. Consisting of jalapeños and pre-chopped carrots. Taking out Hunter's cooking knife, examining it and its sharpness.

   " Alright, let's show him what I can do." she smirked.

    The soup was prepared in record time in hot steaming manner. Hunter awed and examined the dish. Seeing the thickness, examining the carrots and jalapeños.

   " Now for the taste..." Hunter took a sip. His eyes turned warm as he felt his fever lower. " Ah...just like home..."

    " Thank you baby..." Hunter leaned in for a kiss but he paused, remembering the main reason why he even had the soup in the first place. " Uh, never mind."

    " Yeah, I don't wanna get sick." she stood up and she headed out of the room. But as she left the room, she felt a tickle in her nose and sneezed loudly.

     " Bless you!" Hunter called out from their bedroom.

     " Great," Ashlynn came into the room. " Now I'm sick...dammit."

     " You want some?" Hunter held up the bowl that contained the soup. Ashlynn sat down and took a spoon, starting to dig down the delicious liquid. Then, for the rest of the day, the two huddled in bed and watched some Netflix, enjoying their jalapeño and carrot soup.