Chapter 14

My editor hasn't looked at this yet, but it's been too long.

Percy looked at the screen with wide eyes, as if seeing the world for the first time. Who knew Pirates of The Carribean would look so much better on Stark's TV? 

Her mom was sitting next to her, holding the popcorn. Natasha had taken a full day off for today, which was Percy's birthday. They had gone to the beach, the park, and with her daughter's instance, even walked by the area the girl used to live in, and stopped by a neighbor's house, May Parker's.

Percy felt herself slipping into sleep, not really aware of what was happening on the TV. All she knew was that it was around midnight when her eyes finally closed.

Shuri walked down to her lab, starting her day, getting preperations ready for Wakandan technology to be shared with those in need. All she had left was to decide what was going where. She walked in, and was surprised to see a child sleeping on her sand table.

Like a sensible person, the first thing she did was go get her weapons and call her brother.

He answered after a few seconds. "What do you need? I'm in a meeting," he said.

Shuri looked up at the girl till alseep on her table. "Have we opened our borders yet?" She asked him.

"No, why?" He raised an eyebrow.

"If we haven't, then how did a small white child end up in my lab and falling asleep on my table?"

When Percy woke up, the first thing she noticed was that she was not, in fact, with her mother. Neither was she in anyplace she had been in before. The ceiling itself was new. It was cave-like, with plenty of rocks, but there were support beams that looked strong, despite their small size.

"Mom?" She slowly sat up, taking in the area around her, like her mom taughter her.

There was two empty mannequins, a table with bead-looking things, a giant window, a teenager point a weapon at her, a spiral staircase, and the sand table she was sitting on. She figured her best bet on where she was was the teenager. 

"Why are you here?!" the teenager demanded. She brandished her weapon, threatening the child in front of her.

The child appeared to be just as confused as she was, because the child started crying. Not full-blown wailing, but some tears escaped her eyes.

Shuri silentley prayed her brother would hurry, which meant she was happy when he ran down the stairs in his Panther attire.

Unfortunatley, this made the little girl cry more. T'Challa looked at her, confused, before walking over to his sister. 

"Why is the daughter of the Black Widow in your lab?" he asked her.

She flung her hands up, "I don't know, I just walked in, and she was sitting right there. And I swear, I don't even know who she is."

T'Challa sighed, and slowly walked over to Percy. "Hey there, can you keep a secret?" he sid, softly.

She shook her head, "No, the other kids said that's why they won't let me play spies with them."

T'Challa, still trying to keep the girl from crying, gently placed a hand on her shoulder while still talking calmly, "But you kept your powers a secret. I'll bet you, in that entire room, only you and your mom knew about them, and that's a lot to hide." He smiled softly, even though she probably couldnt see it.

She looked up quickly, trying to see into his eyes through the mask. "T'Challa?" she asked.

Shuri, confused enough, finally blurted out, "I'm sorry, I get that you know each other, but how does she know you, how do you know her, and how did she get here?"

Percy looked at T'Challa, accepting the outburst as confirmation. "Are you okay? I know the death of a parent or any loved one can be hard, and given the traditional mourning period, the funeral probably hasn't been to long ago and I know that sometimes things seem to go wrong all of a sudden once it finally hits you that they're really dead and-" Percy rambled on for a bit before being interrupted.

"I'm fine," he reassured her, "but how did you get here?"

At this point, Shuri had gone over and started tinkering with the beads while still keeping an eye on the two in her lab.

Percy shrugged, "I don't know. I was watching a movie on Mr. Tony's TV with my mom because it was my birthday, and then I was thinking about the conversation we had in Vienna and then I fell asleep and woke up here."

He took off his mask, looking the girl in the eye. "Would you be alright if I had Shuri test something for me? It could help figure out how you ended up here."

The black haired girl looked up at him, then his sister, and nodded.

"It seems that your cells that are not similar to your half DNA share commonalities with our sacred plants. It is most unusual because not only is it a plant, but the plant is a direct gift from our goddess Bast." Shuri reported from the microscope.

T'Challa stared at her, "Why did you take the cellular make up of a plant? And why would you think of comparing it to a human's?"

Percy watched as the princess adjusted somethings on a tablet. "I collected the cellular make up so I could try to figure out how it works. And the reason I even thought of comparing them was because they were both golden, which is not a normal colour in cells," Shuri said.

Before anyone knew how to reply, Okoye came down the staircase. "Your highnesses, we mut depart for the meeting soon. Shuri has created a presentation just for this occasion, so we must not be late," the general took note of the little girl in the room, "Who is she?"

"She is the daughter of the Black Widow, the one from VIenna, we need to bring her home while we are out in the world." T'Challa answered, trying to ignore his sister being a bad influence on the child in the room, teaching her something about 'yote' versus 'yeeted.'

Okoye nodded, still confused, but trusting her king. "Then we must get going."

The three followed her out, T'Challa notifying a probably worrying mother, and headed out towards the UN conference.