Chapter 12

"Why do I have to wear this suit?"

"Because you threw the dress Tony got you out the window."

Percy was currently standing next to her mother in the UN conference for the Skovia accords. She didn't understand why, though. It wasn't like anyone knew about her powers, she wouldn't be signing, anyway. She wasnt even of consenting age, so she didn't see why she had to be here.

The king of Wakanda, whose name she didn't catch, was giving his speech when Percy noticed something coming towards the window. She saw the prince (T'Challa, wasn't it?) dive for his father and a split second later, a fiery blast was coming for the window, time seemed to slow as it did. It was closer, and closer, the glass started cracking, and-

It stopped.

T'Challa looked up to see a wall of ice containing the blast, the wall itself over the entire window, with pieces of glass and other shrapnel contained inside. He looked around and noticed only two people were not behind tables or other. The famed Black Widow, who was credited with many kills, and never shows emotion, was kneeling, sheilding her daughter, intending to take the blast. The widow's daughter had her hands around her mother and up, as if sheilding her mother and herself from the blast. 

Slowly the other abassadors and other officials got up, noticing the mother and daughter still kneeling. T'Challa himself had helped his father up, while still watching the women in the center of the room.

One reporter in the back lifted up their camera, and started taking pictures. 

It seemed like the two finally realized they were safe, as they slowly separated. They were both blatantly crying, clearly not caring who was watching. Black Widow slowly brought her hands up from where she had dropped them at her sides to cradle her daughter's face, before the girl jumped into her mother's arms, crying. 

A whirlwind of cameras and microphones were stuffed in their faces as soon as Percy and Natasha walked out of the building. Natasha had steeled her face and already reaplied her metahorical mask. Percy just walked alongside her, looking at the ground, dreading where she was going later.

She looked up for minute and made eye contact with the Prince of Wakanda, who was sitting alone on a bench. Letting her mom know where she was going, Percy slipped over to the man, hopping up onto the bench next to him.

"How old are you?" he asked, not looking at her.

She did the same, "Ten."

He held up a chunk of the ice from the wall that had saved lives. "How old were you when this started?"

"According to my mom, when I was a baby I had strangled some snakes that were in my daycare," she said with a smile, "so I was probably born with it. The doctors think that maybe it has to do with the fact that half of my DNA is missing."

He nodded, taking in the information, he would probably bring this up with Shuri later. 

Okoye started walking towards him, probably collecting him for the trip home. His father had already gone back to Wakanda, to attend to his duties.

T'Challa started to get up, and then noticed the expression on Okoye's face. 

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Okoye looked at the girl on the bench, who was holding a shard of what looked like ice very tightly, before looking back. "There was another explosion."

The two people's eyes widdened, surprised by this information.

"It was in the car with your father."

It was utterly silent in their area away from the press until a voice called from behind them.

"Percy, we have to get to the airport for-" Natasha noticed the sullen mood, "Is everything alright?"

T'Challa nodded, turning towards the red haired woman fro a second, before walking away with Okoye.

A plane trip and a short drive later, Percy was sitting in front of a very crowded curch. Various agents, new and old, war veterans, 96% of the avengers, various people from the retirement home, and Bucky, Fury, and Coulson all in disguise.

She wa pretty sure there was also some reporters in there, but she didn't care.

Percy was back in New York when she was cornered by a reporter. 

"Excuse me, but do you know of King T'Chaka's killer, James Buchannon Barnes?" The lady proded.

Percy tapped her emergency reporter button and stalled a bit. "I know he's not a killer." She started walking away, trying to get away.

The lady didn't take the hint and kept asking her questions, "But he was seen fleeing the crime scene in Barcelona (I didn't want to google it, but I have no idea where the confrence was) just minutes after the second bombing?" She pursued Percy down the street.

Percy actually started laughing, "That's impossible, he was on a date in New York until he had a funeral in Washington. It must have been a fake."

The lady started getting touchy with Percy, grabbing her shoulder and forcing Percy to look at her when Percy turned away, when Bruce appeared and pushed her away from his friend's daughter.

"Please step away from the child." He demanded poitely. 

The lady looked appaled and immediately ran, leaving Percy and Bruce alone.

Bruce turned to Percy, looking her in the eye. "There's some news you need to hear," he said.

In a turn of events, a vas majority of countries have denounced the Skovia accords. 

"Those are actually people," One official said, "Up until now, they just seemed like they would decide to drop in and endanger lives, but in that moment, when that bomb went off, only two people went for their loved ones. One of those was the ever famous Black Widow."

International outrage sparked when people found the picture below and found out what exatly the government was trying to do with the accords. 

One section claims that "Any act that could hurt any being in any way is violating the accord. All violations will lead to immediate life imprisonment without trial." Many people believe that this is unfair considering that the same people that wrote this ordered a missle strike on all of New York.

Immediate action is being put in to get rid of the accords-

Percy was very happy, now all she had to do was sleep off this crazy day.

She went to her room in the tower and was about to fall asleep when someone in a blue and red sweatshirt hit her window.