Part 2

*2 months later*

     I had been taking classes from home because my mom had gotten worse but she's in stable condition again so I'm off to school. 

     Don't you just love the first day of school? (Please note the sarcasm.) I can tell that today is going to be just wonderful. (Note more sarcasm.) I'm guessing that you may have noticed that I'm not exactly the most cheerful person. You wouldn't be either if your mom only had two months to live. I know, I know, I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I knw she will die eventually, everyone does. I just wish she could stay with me longer. 

     So basically, since I was brooding over my mom's deadline, I wasn't in the best of moods this morning. Not to mention the fact that I woke up late, stubbed my toe, tripped down the stairs, and missed breakfast. Trudging my way through a new school wasn't exactly the highlight of my day.

     I guess the bright side to things is that it isn't a small school. It was pretty big actually and most people didn't even look my way. I found my way to the office and stood awkwardly at the desk, waiting for the secretary to look up. Eventually she did look up and a smile flashed across her face. "Yes dear? What can I do for you?" 

     Oh. . . I don't know. Kick me out? Shoot me? Let me run away? Yeah, I highly doubt she was going to say yes to any of those.

     Instead I reply, "It's my first day."

     "Oh well here you are. " And she handed over a stack of papers. The top two sheets were a map of the school and my schedule. 

     "Thank you." I said with a smile and exited the room. First class: English.

     I was walking down the now deserted hallway with my nose stuck in my map, trying to figure out where I was going, when I heard a commotion up ahead. I walked even faster to see what it was. 

     "I. . . I . . . I . . . " a voice stuttered. The voice belonged to a petite brunette girl, no more than 5'3''. Her light brown hair brushed her shoulders. She wore a black v-neck shirt and a pair of white capri pants paired witha a pair of combat boots.

     "I . . . I . . . I. . . " another voice mocked. "No one can understand what you're saying if you're stuttering." This new voice belonged to a girl with long black hair that reached her elbows and she was decked out in hooker heels, a skir so short and tight that I'd be surprised if it didn't rip when she sat down, and a pink round neck low cut shirt. "Oh come on you stuttering babboon, you and I both know that you're so poor,  that you stole that necklace. So who'd you steal it from?"

     "I . . . I . . . " the first girl said again. "I did . . . didn't st . . . steal it."

     I walked up right next to the babbling girl. I then put down my books and took off my jacket as both girls silently watched me. Once my jacket was off, I held it out to the girl who was attacking the babbling girl. They both looked at me in confusion. "Why are you handing me your jacket?" The attacker asked me.

     I shrugged my shoulders, "My mother told me to always give to the less fortunate."

     "Less fortunate?" She questioned me with one eyebrow raised.

     "Yes less fortunate. Apparently you don't have enough money to stop buying secondhand clothes from hookers."

     "Are you calling me a hooker?!" The attacker shrieked at  me. 

     "If the shoe fits," I looked down at her shoes, "and apparently it does."

     The attackee suddenly let out a burst of laughter. "Looks like my friend here agrees with me." I looked up to face the glare the attacker was shooting my way. I gave her a wide-eyed innocent look. "Did I say something wrong?"

     The attacker threw her hands up in the air and let out a frustrated huff. Then she turned on her heel and stomped away, or at least as much as you can stomp in heels. I turned to the attackee who was now staring at me. "What?" I asked. "Do I have something on my face?"

     "Yeah," she replied.    

     I started to freak out and started wiping at my face with my hands. I can't believe I just went through all of that with something on my face. 

     "Yeah it's called your nose." And then she burst out laughing. "I . . . was just . . . kidding." She said between laughter.

     I smiled, "So you don't stutter."

     She shut up. "About that. It's just that she's um. . . well just nobody talks to Camille like that. No one has, like, ever."

     "So? You're not supposed to stand there and let her walk all over." I told her.

     "Well her mom owns the cafe that I work at and her dad owns the company that my  mom works at. It's just us so that's our entire income. I have to let her walk all over me with those hooker heels." She shuddered and I smiled. 

     "It's alright. We'll work on it." I threw my arm around her shoulders and started walking off with her. "Maybe you can show me around? Oh and by the way, my name's Stephanie."

     She smiled and replied, "Lily."