Chapter Five

I had already been able to speak Spanish, Italian, French, English, and Portuguese from my countless courses in high school for college credits. Like I needed them, I had won the scholarship from Pele.

As I drove, my windows were wet with rain. I cracked the window a little and the smell of a fresh rain entered my nostrils. Nostalgia. I reminisced the time I used to walk down this road early in the morning to school, and the pavement would be wet. I missed the feeling. To be honest, I still do.

I arrived in the college parking lot, right outside of the doors. I heard yelling. "Fuck off, José!" It was a familiar voice: Jordan's. "Make me." He shouted back in a menacing voice. He punched Jordan right in the face. Just in time for João to run. "What the hell is going on here?" he looked from José to Jordan's bloody mouth. João decked José under his chin. "Scum. That's what you are." he said to José. "It's none of your business! She's my girlfriend!" José yelled. "Not anymore." Jordan said with her usual attitude, but it sounded different than usual considering the blood all over her mouth. "YOU LITTLE...." José yelled as he grabbed his knife out of his pocket he ran toward João. That's it. I ran over to break up the fight. I grabbed José's shoulders and tried to calm him down. I held on but he still pulled himself and me towards João. I forced José to turn around and... Well... I kissed him.

Ok let's not get into thinking that anything was going to happen with José and me. It was just supposed to calm him down. It didn't mean anything. Ok now, back to the story.

He dropped the knife where he stood. I could see João and Jordan's eyes were wide. I picked up my four boxes and ran through the doors and up to my dorm.

I opened the drawers of my clothes and put them neatly but quickly into the box. I wanted to get out of there fast. I then opened the closet and put my expensive dresses on top so they wouldn't wrinkle. My shoes went into another box, in which I was less careful putting the shoes in. I took the sheets and comforter off of my bed and put it in a separate box and the pillows too. And the last box was for odds and ends. I took my sharpie and wrote labels on the boxes so I wouldn't open the wrong one accidentally. Then, I closed them up with packing tape.

Quickly, I loaded two boxes at a time into my Nissan Altima. I drove to the nearest hotel, and made sure my car was locked and safe in the parking garage.

I walked on the path that led to the door, opened it and felt a sudden blast of heat. Finally, some warmth. I walked through the lobby, to the lady at the front desk. Her name tag said 'Barbara'. "Hi Barbara! I was wondering if the penthouse was open for the night." I said in a friendly voice. It was hard, after what had just happened. "There's someone else staying up there. If you're OK with a roommate than it's open." She said. "Man or Woman?" I asked. "Man." She answered. "But don't worry" she assured "He's a good guy. I know him personally." She said.

"Okay... I'll take it. It's just one night, right?" I said. "That'll be 500€" I had a total of 2,300€ from my savings. I forked over the money. "Enjoy your stay!" she said as she handed me the card that unlocks the room.

I stepped into the elevator and pressed the number 10. Where I assumed the penthouse was. So many thoughts flickered through my head as the elevator climbed to the 10th floor. Who is this guy? Is he a creep? Can I trust him? Finally, the elevator came to a stop. I stepped out and opened the door that said 'Penthouse'.

As I walked in, I took a whiff of the air. It smelled familiar. I looked for a place to put my suitcase of clothes. There was only one bedroom, and there was a jersey on the bed. I didn't bother turning it over to see what number it is. It's doubtful it's a player. This guy is probably just a futbol fan.

I put down my suitcase. The person that lives here must be out. I went into the kitchen and opened the pantry. I found pasta, and Alfredo sauce. I opened the fridge and found some chicken breast. I decided to make Fettuccine chicken Alfredo. I started a pan of water to boil and put the pasta inside it and let it cook for several minutes as the meat and sauce cooked. I wasn't too hungry, so I didn't eat it all. I put the remainder in a bowl and covered it with Saran Wrap. Whoever else lives here should like to come home to a cooked meal he can just pop into the microwave. I wrote a note on the counter that said:

There's some Fettuccine Alfredo in the fridge for you.

Enjoy xx

A.G.

2 hours later

I heard someone come in the door. I heard the clank of keys on the counter. He read my note out loud. He sounded drunk. His voice was familiar, as well as his accent.

Cristiano's POV

When I came home from partying with the guys, I put the keys to the Lamborghini on the counter of the kitchen. I noticed a note on the counter. It read:

There's some Fettuccine Alfredo in the fridge for you.

Enjoy xx

A.G.

So I have a roommate now, huh? I opened the refrigerator and grabbed the bowl, took off the wrap, and took a whiff. It smelled amazing. I microwaved it for about 30 seconds and ate it. I was starving. Whoever this A.G. is, she knows what a man wants.

I assumed she was a girl by the way she writes. No man puts 'xx' on their notes.

I went upstairs to the bedroom and I saw someone that I thought I've met before but I wasn't sure. She was pretty hot. She had dark brown hair, blue eyes, tan skin, and an hourglass figure. Her lips came to a pout. They were so perfect I could imagine myself kissing them.

"Do I know you from somewhere." I sputtered out.

"I don't know. Do you?" She said

"You tell me." I said

"Where do I sleep?" she asked.

"You can sleep in the bed." I answered.

"With you?" she sounded skeptical.

"I'm not going to rape you. I am not that kind of person." I said trying to reassure her. I didn't have any sexual intentions with her. Well maybe I did. But I wasn't going to rape her! That's crazy!

She finally agreed. I didn't even catch her real name. She went into the bathroom to change.

She came out of the bathroom wearing a Brazil jersey, and blue short gym shirts. She was unbelievably beautiful.

Adele's POV (her new nickname)

I walked out of his bathroom wearing my Brazil shirt, and my blue gym shorts. I sat on top of the bed next to him.

I have to admit, he was handsome. He had dark wavy hair, bronze skin, and warm brown eyes I could stare into all day. But we're roommates. Wouldn't it be just a tad awkward to have the hotts for a ROOMMATE?

"So... What's your name?" he asked.

"Adele." I answered

"Oh. I'm Cris." he said

"You remind me a lot of someone." I declared.

"Ditto." He answered.

I put my butt length hair into a high pony tail.

"I think it's about time I cut my hair." I muttered not wanting him to hear me.

"Don't. Er... I mean... It's cute. Like that." he said awkwardly.

"Uh... thanks." I said.

"So um how long are you staying here?" he asked.

"One night. Maybe more if I have to."

"Oh. Nice."

"I guess."

He chuckled. He was wearing a blue T-shirt and Armani boxers.

"You wouldn't mind if I took my shirt off would you?" He asked.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, hotshot." I said trying to sound cool.

"My room. My rules." He said as he pulled off his shirt. When I glanced at his chest I had to catch my breath. He had toned abs.

"I had a long day. I'm gonna sleep now." I said.

"Me too." He chuckled again.