Chapter Two

5 YEARS LATER

"You're coming over after school, right?" Jordan asked.
"Sorry. Can't. I have practice on Wednesdays, remember?"
"Oh, right I forgot." she said. It was study hall and I needed to go change into my cleats and uniform.
I walked to the bathroom. There weren't many people in the halls except for the occasional person coming out to get a pencil or to walk to the library. I walked into the bathroom and by force of habit, touched the brail on the sign that said 'Women' even though I'm not blind. I put on my number 7 jersey, shorts, and Adidas cleats. I walked out of the bathroom only to see Cristiano in the corner by the door. Obviously waiting for me. He came over and bent his head down by my ear, as if to tell me a secret, but instead kissed my neck.
"We can't do this." I whispered.
"Yes we can." he said back softly
"You're with Angelica."
"No one has to know."
Our lips almost met before I pulled away. I could smell his Drakkar Noir cologne. "I can't do this to her. We're friends."
"Who says she'll find out."
"This doesn't feel right."
"Keep an open mind. We've never done this before."
"I just know, okay? I know my feelings."
"But-"
"Look, Cristiano, you're handsome. but we can't do this. Even if she never finds out I can't betray her like that."
"Then I'll break up with her."
"She'll get suspicious. It's best just to leave it alone."
"I'm the prize of the school. Any girl here would die be with me. 7 is my lucky number, Lina."
"Don't... Don't call me that."
"I'm sorry."
"No you're not. You're never sorry. All you care about is the number on my jersey obviously. I have futbol to focus on. There are scouts coming and I could get a college scholarship. Don't break this for me. Please."
"Lina, please-"

"Don't... call me that." I walked off. The bell rang just in time for school to end.