Death.....

I felt like I had slept for ages and still my eyelids wouldn't move. Maybe it's the fear of what they would witness once opened, though it's inevitable.

With much effort, they obeyed my request, only to see a plain white roof. Where am I?

Lifting my head, I took in the room I was captured in. It was more than just plain. Everything in here was white, from the floor to the bed, which happened to be the only furniture decorating this big room. I suddenly felt like I was in a mental asylum and it's so claustrophobic.

A door which could only be seen if looked properly because of the similar color, caught my attention. Using my newly found vampire speed, I fled towards it and touched the knob.

Should I open it?

It's probably going to be locked.

But much to my surprise, the door yanked open and led to a long corridor with chandeliers on top. The decoration was totally contrary to the room I was in. Caramel and red paint covered the walls. And the golden light illuminated the paintings hung on the walls.

Very slowly, I made my way towards each one of them. Unrecognizable faces stared at me, much to my dismay. What was I expecting, anyway? Pictures of film stars?

"Ma'am, you are awake."

I jerked my hand away from the portrait I was about to touch.

"Oh, I am sorry Ma'am. I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine."

I replied to the genuinely smiling lady. She looked in her late 20s and was definitely a human. She held a tray packed with food and water. Suddenly, my throat dried, reminding me how thirsty I was.

"Can I please have that, Miss?"

I asked, pointing at the glass of water.

"It's for you, Ma'am. And my name is Althea."

She held out the tray for me, and I happily gulped the whole glass, savoring the taste.

"Thank you Althea."

She smiled at me sympathetically.

"Shall I serve the food in your room, Ma'am?"

The thought of going back to that white hell itself made me feel suffocated.

"No, I think I'll pass."

"But we have strict orders from Lord Asmodeus to feed you, Ma'am."

At the mention of his name, terrible memories filled my mind.

"Tell him to rot in hell."

I yelled, tears threatening to fall down.

"That I will Atarah."

Both of us got startled hearing his voice.

Asmodeus slowly walked towards me, and in a flash snapped Althea's head. Before I could even blink, she was lying on the floor with a detached head.

"I gave her a single job, and she failed it. Irresponsible bitch."

He seethed through clenched teeth.

I was shaking like a leaf when he started to guide me towards the end of the corridor.

That poor girl died because of me. Only if I had eaten that food, she might have been alive. Guilt and the pain in my heart were eating me alive. Why is this bastard still alive? How can he be so heartless?

My mind didn't register where we were going till he opened a long wooden door.

The first thing I noticed was the bright blue walls and toys that filled the floor. One can easily recognize it to be a nursery.