Fate is cruel...

"Make a wrong move, Ryan, and your next friend will be literally dropped dead. You know, I don't make jokes."

Dead... That was all I heard. Helena's scream resonated in my ears. My best friend's dead? No, she is not. I can save her. She is still breathing, barely. There is hope.

Just when she thought that her life was perfect, things had to go down, didn't they? After everything she suffered, is God still cruel to her?

Why blame God when all the wrong doings were done by him, Asmodeus?

My vision blurred because of the unknown tears that escaped without my consent. Still, I managed to see him, now holding Adrian. How?

"I never sketched you for a cry baby, Princess."

His voice was more irritating when heard in person. And Princess? After everything, he's calling me a Princess? That son of a bitch.

"Leave him Asmodeus."

Ryan was gritting his teeth and clenching his palms into fists.

"Of course I will leave him. I have no use for this trash, after all."

Adrian groaned and spat at Asmodeus.

"I'd rather be trash than be used by you, Bastard."

Now that's my Adrian. But Asmodeus seemed not to hear him, as his gaze was fixed on me.

"I will free all your friends, Ryan, but I want her."

"NO..." Ryan's voice was final and determined.

"You leave me no choice."

Asmodeus once again raised his dagger, but before he could harm Adrian, my mind called out to the dark creatures and within moments five of them appeared and tied Asmodeus, finally freeing Adrian.

He ran to us and stood by Ryan's side. Then I mentally ordered them to carry Helena and place her on the chair. I should have done it sooner, but I was too shocked to think properly.

After everything, I looked at Asmodeus, who had a shell-shocked face. He wasn't expecting this, was he?

One of his group members tried to stab my creature, but in vain. Did I say my creature? Yes, I definitely did.

As a next event, hundreds of my creatures surrounded each one of them, taking them off guard. There was no way Asmodeus could win this war. Not when I have more immortal army members. Now it was my turn to smirk. Ryan and Adrian also reciprocated my expression. For the first time, I felt really proud of myself.

"I can see that you have changed into a more powerful woman."

Asmodeus said, kneeling down. Why do I get a bad feeling about his sudden submission?

"And that's exactly what I want."

His words and actions came out together. I don't know what he did, but a circle of transparent yet glowing bubble, encircled him, shutting out my creatures.

This man is way more powerful than I thought.

Adrian cursed loudly while Ryan still maintained his posture, except for the smirk. He was angry, more than just angry.

"You underestimated me, Princess. I am much better than that."

Asmodeus moved towards me with confident strides.

"I must say, Ignacia was very smart in her hiding plans. I searched for her for months and yet she was undiscoverable. I knew you would find her."

He was now circling me like a predator.