Chapter Seventy-Eight Game To Play

Prisoner- James Arthur

    "What do you want?" I ask in a bored tone trying not to look at Dexter. I didn't want to do anything stupid and have David take it out on Dexter. I didn't even know if David would hit me or not if I was to be smart with him, or if I just gave him the silent treatment. I usually test my situations out and see which one they don't get too mad at and that's the one I stick with, but, to be honest, I've never been kidnapped by a gang leader— leader? Is he the leader?— person. He seems like he's the leader for now. The guard people look like they're following his orders.

     David crosses his arms and leans against the wall as he motions for the guards to come into the room.

     "Why don't we talk somewhere private?" David asks and I notice the guards hesitate when he motions for them to come to me. Did they not follow all of his orders? One of the guards whispers in David's ear and whatever the guard said to him seemed to make David very angry even though he tried to control it in his facial features. David says something back to the guard and the guard nods before they head towards me. Don't mention whatever is going on. Just act normal. How do I usually act? How do I act normal?

     "I'm guessing I don't really get a choice." I mutter as the guards start unlocking the chains holding me.

     "No, you get a choice." David says and I and even the guards stop and look at him. How is it possible for one person to be so confusing? Oh God, it's like Dallas all over again. Dallas... I don't even know if he's alive or not. I doubt David knows anything about him either, and it's not like I can just ask him straight up. I glance over at Dexter, who seems just as confused as I am. Why are people so confusing? Why can't they just say what they want and do what they need to do? But no, they have to play a guessing game and make you guess what they want, and it's all so annoying!

     "I'm kidding," David says. "Guards, hurry up." He stands straight and turns his back to us, beginning to walk out the door, but he stops and looks back over his shoulder. "And hold her arms tight. I don't want her punching me in the face. I heard it hurts." He turns back around and starts walking again.

     "Well," I start as the guards free me from the chains but keep their grips on my arms tight. Great. "Remember me kicking you in the face?" I ask, raising an eyebrow, and David freezes before looking back over his shoulder at me. "My punch is like that, but ten times harder. Ask Dal- better yet, ask Dexter. I beat him in every fight." I smirk and look over at Dexter as he sends me a glare.

     "Yes, shout it out to the world." He mumbles, rolling his eyes and looking away from me.

     "You really want me to?" I ask raising an eyebrow, and Dexter sends me another look shaking his head.

     "You're insane." He says and I smile wanting to bow, but I go against it, remembering the guards were holding my arms and me.

     "Thanks," I say. "I get that a lot actually." Dexter sighs, annoyed.

     "Shocking." He says sarcastically and it makes me smile again.

     "Guards." David says and motions for them to follow him, and I pout as they listen, dragging behind him.

     "We were having a moment." I pout, but David keeps walking.

     "You'll have plenty of moments in here." He says, annoyed. We were in a hallway heading for a set of stairs and I measured the distance between David and me. Could I say something to the guards without him hearing me? Sounds like a game to play. Let's do this. I mentally pop my neck.

     "You know I saved his life?" I whisper, looking up at them as they glance at me, but do their best to keep looking forward. I glance at David, but he was still walking, and I wait a few seconds but he doesn't say anything and I smile wide. "It was at the gang house. Before it exploded. I pushed the alarm button to get everyone out. I was about to leave too, but I heard a thud so I went back. David was messing around with a knife, and when the alarm sounded, he got scared and stabbed himself in the leg."