Chapter Sixty-Two Never Letting You Go

Here comes goodbye- Racal Flats

    "Come with me." He says, still smiling, letting go of my face and taking my hand, pulling me with him toward the door. I narrow my eyes, allowing him to pull me, not putting up a fight. I don't want to put up a fight, I am kind of still shocked by what he just said a few seconds ago. He... He loved me. He just said it, and he's... Happy. Smiling. He's unusually happy and it's good seeing him like this. Maybe I don't want to ruin it. So, I stay quiet and I don't fight. The less I talk, the more likely I'll screw this up. The less I fight, the happier he'll be.

     I am kind of curious as to where he wanted to take me and besides, this time, I really am tired of fighting. I am tired of arguing with him, I am tired of always making him mad, always making him worry. This is the one time he's happy and he's actually smiling, and I really don't want to screw that up. His face is usually blank, emotionless, cold, and complex, and he's happy for once. Would you want to ruin something like that? I really don't. This may be the only time I see him like this and I don't want to waste this chance.

     He opens the door and we walk out together, still hand in hand. Dallas looks at me as I try to stare forward while we walk on the sidewalk. "Are you okay?" He asks and I nod still not looking at him. He stops walking making me stop and he faces me. Great, I'm ruining it by not talking. Could life get any more evil? "You're not talking. You're not questioning me." He lifts my face up to look at him and I see his narrow hazel eyes. "What's wrong?" I sigh, taking my hand from his and stepping back away from him. This could ruin everything.

     "I'm scared-"

     "Seriously?" He asks, looking at me in disbelief. "Why are you-"

     "Let me finish," I say, raising my finger and telling him to stop talking. I give him a look and he gives me a weary one but nods.

     "Continue." He says and for some reason, I roll my eyes.

     "Don't tell me what to do." I grumble, looking away.

     "Okay, then don't continue." He says and I look at him giving him a glare when I see him smirk. This is all a game to him! It's a game I'm not going to play.

     "You know what? I'll just go back to the house and you can do whatever you want. I need to talk to Dylan anyway." I state, putting my hands on my hips and holding my head high. His smirk fades. "Hmph." I stomp my foot before turning around and begin to walk away but he grabs my arm and spins me to face him again. There was a stern glare in his eyes and for a second, I was scared but I recover and put on my game face.

     "You are to go nowhere near Dylan," Dallas says in a cold voice. I swallow before he leans closer and shakes me. "Do you understand me, Rex?" I was about to nod, but then something came over me. Why should I let Dallas control my life? I shouldn't. This is my life to live and I only get to live once.

     "Why not? Scared he'll kiss me again? You said so yourself, I handled it. You watched me handle it, I can handle it again. Besides, I need to talk to him. We need to talk things out. I need to understand." I pull my arm free, staring him dead in the eyes. "I'm sorry if I ruined your 'happy' mood, but I have things to do now." I turn and start walking away again, but he grabs my bad hand making me wince in pain as his hand freezes in mine and I tense. I try to pull my hand away but he squeezes it in his grip making me hiss in pain this time.

     I hesitate before I slowly face him watching him for any reaction, but he just stares at me blankly. He brings my hand up to his face and starts studying it, seeing my knuckles and the bruises. He turns my hand in his and studies my knuckles and every angle possible. "Does it hurt?" He asks, still staring at my knuckles. I roll my eyes.