Chapter Forty-Three No Thinking

Best Friend- Soft Tukker

     "Come on." She says pushing me through the doors. I know she heard what happened yesterday. Thankfully, Dallas and her haven't bothered me about it, but I can't seem to stop thinking about it. My mom and Jim want me to live with them. Maybe not so much Jim, maybe more my mom, but still. Jim. Like seriously? Who could like a person named Jim? I feel a punch in my shoulder and I yelp turning my head to look at Sam as she continues pushing me out the doors.

     "What the hell was that for Sam?" I ask, trying to form a glare on my face, but for some reason, I can't.

     "You are not to think today. Today is a thinking-free day." She says as we stop when we get on the sidewalk. Like Sam being a thorn in my side, the sun blinds me. Thinking free day?

     "We're gonna die." I mumble and she punches me again.

     "We'll be fine." She says rolling her eyes. "But come on, you have to admit, we need a day off of thinking. So come on. We're not going to think today. No matter what." I roll my eyes.

     "Whatever," I mumble, annoyed. "Where are we going?"

     "I don't know. Where ever not thinking takes us I guess." Sam says and I give her a look. "Where do you want to go?" She asks walking over to my bike.

     "Um-" I look down, thinking of somewhere to go.

     "No, no thinking." She says, punching me. "Just say where you want to go. Just don't think about it."

     "How am I not supposed to think about it?" I ask, spreading my arms.

     "Just name a place without thinking and let's go there." She says.

     "The library." I say, shrugging as she freezes and looks at me.

     "Oh, you're one of those people." She says. "Okay, name a place that doesn't involve books or being quiet." A smile forms on my face. She doesn't want me to think? Fine, I won't think. I won't think at all today.

     "Okay," I say, still smiling. "I have a place. You don't want me to think, fine, I won't think. But by the end of today, you'll regret telling me not to think."

     "No, I won't." She says, crossing her arms. "Where do you want to go?" I sit on my bike grabbing my helmet.

     "Just come on." I say, still smiling. She gets on and we both put our helmets on. I don't wait, I speed off hearing her squeal before she hangs on to me. She doesn't want me to think, so I'm not thinking.

     I drive, and I drive, and I drive until I reach a familiar street. Oh, this is gonna be so much fun. I pull over in front of a store and Sam gets off as I do the same before taking my helmet off and holding it between my arm and my side. "What are we doing here?" She asks nervously.

     "You told me not to think," I say, shrugging. "So I'm not thinking at all." I walk into the store roaming through the aisles as Sam follows me closely.

     "Why a store?" She asks as I spot something interesting and I shove it in the pouch of my hoodie. "Why are you hiding that?"

     "I told you," I say shoving more things in my pouch and my pockets. "You told me not to think. So, I'm not thinking at all."

     "So you're hiding the stuff?" She asks as I stop walking and face her.

     "Well, if I were thinking, I'd pay for it. But today, I'm not thinking." I say holding a can of spray cheese in my hand. "According to you anyway." Unexpectedly, she smiles.