Chapter Four

Hunter

     I watch as Jasper's eyelids get heavy. "Where's your room?" I whisper.

     "Can we just stay here?"

     "Yeah." I kiss his forehead and play with his hair. "I love you."

     He mumbles incoherently and falls asleep. 

     I lay him down and cover him with a blanket. I find his older brother, Dylan. "Hey..."

      "Hey there. Is he asleep?"

     I nod.

      "Good...he hasn't slept well for awhile."

     "I didn't know..." I look over at the couch. "I hope he gets better sleep."

     "He should. Thanks for coming down here."

     "I wouldn't pass it up if my mom okay-ed it. I really love him."

     "Are you going to ask my parents for permission?"

     I look at him. "Permission?"

     "Never mind." He chuckles. "It's been half a year?"

     "We met in February...so five months."

     "Wow..." He sighs. "Mom is gonna want to interrogate you and dad isn't ever home at this time."

     I nod. "Thanks."

     "Need some water?"

     I nod. "Yes please."

     He gives me a bottle of water as Tina comes in. 

     "Hello, miss..."

     "Hello again, Hunter. How long do you plan on staying?"

     "Actually, I booked a hotel room for a couple nights."

     "Well how about Christian, Lucas, and I go to the hotel and Dylan and Bob can stay here and you can have more space?"

     "I would appreciate that, thank you."

     "What nights are they for?"

     "Tomorrow and the next night."

     "Alright. Goodnight you two."

     "Goodnight." I go back to the couch and lay down with Jasper.

     He shifts and wraps his arms around me. "I'm sleepy..."

     "Weren't you just asleep?"

     "I was lonely..."

    "Cutie..." I kiss his forehead and snuggle with him until we fall asleep.

Jasper

     I wake up to a phone buzzing near our heads. I pick it up and answer without looking. "Hello?"

     "Hunter?"

     I sit up. "No, this is his friend...who is this?"

     "Miya. Which friend?"

     "Hold on, I'll put him on." I shake Hunter and he curls up. "Hunter, Miya's on the phone."

     "Tell her to call back later..." He mumbles.

     I tell her what Hunter says and she hangs up. I lay down and pet his cheek. "I thought it was mine, sorry..."

     "It's fine, I'm not hiding anything except how much I missed you..."

     I giggle and play with his hair until he falls back to sleep. "I missed you too..."

     Christian comes downstairs and yawns. "Oh...you're awake?"

     "What time is it?"

     "Around three in the morning."

     I groan and snuggle closer to Hunter. "Get to bed, okay?"

     "Okay." He goes to the kitchen then back upstairs.

     I sigh and close my eyes, feeling uneasy again.

     I trip and fail at getting up. "WAIT! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!" I'm picked up and thrown back to the ground. I feel something break and scream in pain as I get up and keep running. "HELP ME! PLEASE!" I round a corner and crash into someone. I start to hyperventilate as a white flash interrupts my vision.

     I open my eyes and breath heavily and quickly to see Hunter holding a cold, wet, cloth to my forehead.

     "He's awake..." He mumbles and touches my hair. "You're doing okay...you're gonna be okay..."

     I slow my breathing and try to keep my eyes okay.

     "You can close your eyes, just don't fall asleep, okay?" Hunter watches me as people move around us.

     "Where..."

     "Don't try to speak...you're at home on the couch, you had a night terror and we had to wake you up. You're safe, Jasper..."

     I close my eyes and feel sick to my stomach. "I need..." I sit up as he pulls a trashcan toward me. I throw up a few times before laying back down.

     "Shh..." He holds my hand until I calm down. "You're doing good..." He checks my temperature. "His fever is coming down a bit, but it's still high..." He tells someone. "Maybe we should take him to the hospital..."