Chapter Five

Chantell's POV

I woke to the sound of activity coming from downstairs. I let out a small sigh as rolled out of bed unwilling to leave behind the warmth and comfort it had provided me.

I blinked furiously as the rays of sunlight form outside streamed straight into my eyes causing my vision to be blurred.

I hastily moved away and made my way towards the stairs where I descended down them to find both my parents standing at the kitchen bench top preparing what I assumed was breakfast.

"Morning beautiful” my mother commented as I tried to comprehend why they were so chirpy then it hit me.

It was their first day at work today. Both of them would be starting a new job. In a new town. With new people. Terrifying if you ask me but they seemed pretty happy about it. 'Adults these days' I thought to myself silently only now having noticed that I had been completely oblivious to my mother questioning me.

"Huh?" I asked looking bedazzled.

"Never mind" she replied looking slightly defeated.

*          *          *          *          *          *

"Where do you think your going missy" I heard an all too familiar voice demand from behind me.

"To find you" I replied turning around to face Stacey. Of course today she looked just as gorgeous as usual with no evident flaws in neither her face nor her outfit. Why did she have to be so damn gorgeous? I sure did envy her but in a friendly sort of way. She was too kind to hate.

“Let’s go” Stacey said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards our next class.

“Oh guess who we share this class with?” she asked rhetorically as she showed the pace down a bit.” Scott” she replied looking at me for a reaction. My heart skipped a beat. Literally.

“Very funny Stacey, I’m not that dumb” I replied finding it quite humorous that she though I would actually fall for it.

“If you say so.” She replied as we entered our first period class of Science.

“Sh*t” I said as I gripped firmly onto Stacey’s hand and pulled he back outside.

“Problem?” she asked obviously knowing that there was one.

“Yes, yes there is a f*ucking problem, the hottest guy on earth happens to be in there” I said taking a deep breath at the end trying to calm myself down.

“Relax”, she said placing her hand firmly on my shoulder, “act natural” she said before going back in side pulling me along with her.

‘Act natural, act natural. I kept repeating to myself over and over hoping that it would help. I don’t know how all I hoped was that it would help.

Stacey and I took our seats a mere two seats away from him and his entourage. He looked over in our direction and butterflies leaped around in my stomach as he flicked his hair from left to right before it finally settled looking even more perfect than before. If that was at all possibly. He was just so ….perfect. Only problem was that he wasn’t mine. Well not yet anyway.