Chapter 39: Snowen Ending

Princess Ava was still stumbling over her feet while trying to dance with one of the princes, Aries. I looked over to where the princes were originally standing. Most of them have scattered to chat with the guests or get something to eat.

I spotted Snowen standing near a wall by himself, scanned over the crowd. I went to stand next to him. "Looking for someone?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. I was looking for you. Where were you?" He said bluntly.

"I was chatting with the king in private. He told me some pretty interesting stuff that I think may concern you. Do you mind if we moved to a more private space?" I suggested. He raised his brow in interest. Snowen followed my lead to the back garden and near a wishing well. I sat right on the ledge of it while Snowen stood up straight next to me.

I looked up at the sky. There was a beautiful splash of purples, pinks, and oranges coloring the sky. "Do you remember when we used to play outside right in this garden until sunset, sometimes later if I persisted to run around?"

I could see his expression relax out of the corner of my eye. "Yes, I remember how I had to chase after you to convince you that it was time to go inside. You wouldn't listen though because you were a stubborn idiot."

"Remember that time I got stuck in this well?"

He smirked a little. "How could I forget? I had to fish you out. You came out with the biggest grin on your face and a pile of gold in your hands."

"Do you remember what you said to me that day?" I questioned further.

"I remember saying a lot of things to you that day. I called you an idiot, stubborn, wild and messy. I told you that you were going to get hurt if you kept on doing whatever you wanted to do all the time." He elaborated.

I gave him a few seconds until I spoke up again. "Anything else?"

Snowen sighed. "You told me that you were okay with getting hurt and you didn't need any protection. I then tried to retaliate in saying that you would never find a husband if you continued to be wild."

I smiled. "Yeah. I told you that I didn't want a husband that wasn't going to accept me for who I was. I was a pretty smart kid."

"After that I told you that I was someone that accepted you for you, even though you did stupid things."

I could feel my heart speed up as we were getting closer to the ending of that memory. "I asked you if that made you an eligible husband for me."

"And I said yes. I promised that I would marry you and be your husband someday." He concluded.

We were silent for a moment, letting the memory fade out. Crickets were starting to chirp. The sky got darker.

I gathered my courage to ask my question. "Is that still a promise you want to fulfill?"

I could feel his dark eyes stare into me. It took all I had not to look away and run off. He approached me and put his hands on the well wall, pinning me. "I never intended to break that promise."

My heart raced faster at Snowen's surprisingly romantic words. I blushed and look down. "I think it's safe to say that we are both just a couple of idiots. I mean, how could you fall in love with a wild child and how could I fall in love with a jerk."

He tilted my chin up. "I'm just going to ignore your jerk comment and kiss you already."

Snowen's lips met mine. The last couple of times we kissed he felt cold. This time his lips felt really warm. The subtle taste of dark chocolate came through again and I moaned.