Chapter Twenty-Three

Okay Kat/Sam fans, this is a little preview into the inner working's of Kat's mind :) Inspiration just demanded I write from her perspective and give you a little insight into what I HOPE might be a sequel :D Thoughts?

____

[Kat's P.O.V]

I don't know what exactly woke me up. Maybe it was the foreign impression, the cold chill in the unfamiliar atmosphere. Maybe it was the stinging pain in my wrists that alerted me that something was wrong.

Or maybe it was the heated breath on my neck that finally snapped me out of my sleeping state.

As soon as awareness of my body and mind set in, I groaned. My head ached like a bitch, a insistent weight compressing my brain.

Ugh! Hangovers. The worst.

I tried to run a hand across my face, but they were being restrained above my head.

What the-

Memories slammed back into me, hard and brutal. Me and Sam walking down the street, his sullen silence, my nagging chatter. Then there was the sleek black car trailing behind us, Sam's suddenly rigid state, and then the rest was a blur of confusion, followed by a sharp sting in my arm.

Then darkness settled in.

Son of a bitch! I was drugged!

Surprisingly, the thought didn't prompt as much fear as should be expected. I was however, very annoyed.

My body jerked reflectively, its initial response to escape and flee. But my legs were tied down as well as my arms, preventing any notions of release. It was at the point as I wiggled around, trying to find a weak spot in my bonds, that I realised that I wasn't alone.

Twisting my head sideways, I came face-to-face with sleeping Sam.

Smiling contently in his sleep, Sam's long, muscular body was pressed snugly against my side. Unlike me, he wasn't resting on his back, but on his side, facing me. His arms were bound above his head awkwardly, but the positioning didn't seem to bother him. His hot breath blew against my neck, brushing stray strands of hair across my eyes and mouth. I blew them away only to have Sam blow them back with each deep breath he took.

"Hey," I hissed quietly, trying to nudge my hips against his stomach. "Sam! Wake up,"

His response was a dreamy sigh and to bury his nose under my armpits.

 Oh for crap's sake!

"Asshole," I growled, "Pss, dude! We got to get out of here, so wake the hell up!"

Ignoring the fact I didn't know where 'here' was, of course.

"Mmphf," he mumbled incoherently, sounding annoyed. I could feel when sleep was slowly begin to release him because his body begin to stir.

And, err, other body parts.

"Hey!" I gasped, rightfully outraged and - oddly - flattered. "Put that thing away! And stop poking me with it. I'm beginning to feel violated."

That woke him straight up.

"Huh?" His body jumped, automatically trying to sit up. A frown formed on his squinted face when he found he couldn't. "Kat?" he asked groggily, sounding as confused as I felt. I refused to admit that the dazed and confused look was an adorable look on him.

"Well it sure isn't your mama." I grumbled, trying to shuffle my hip away and succeeded in moving an inch.

"What's going on?" He questioned, voice still thick with sleep. He rattled his chains and his eyes widened before darkening with understanding. "Seriously?"