Chapter Twenty-Two

[Adrian's P.O.V]

I woke up to the pleasurable sensation of being kissed.

The feeling started just beneath my jaw. Warm lips were pressed lightly against my skin, soft and gentle, as if he didn't want me to wake. I felt my lips twitch at the feel of the stubble that brushed against my sensitive skin, but I kept my eyes closed, enjoying the closeness between out bodies, willing him not to stop his splendid torture on my body. 

Gradually, his lips moved along my jaw until he reached the tender area behind my ear. My body unintentionally shuddered, the gentle brush sending violent waves of shock and bliss through my body. My nerves tingled with anticipation of his next touch. My lips puckered and I heard him chuckle, the vibration of his mouth against my skin causing my body to react by sending embarrassing jolts of lust up my spine.

"Awake yet, sleeping beauty?" he murmured huskily in my ear.

I shook my head furiously. He chuckled louder.

"Then maybe this," -  A slow kiss to my chin - "might," - another to the corner of my lips, "convince you,"

 By this point my body was a heated mess. My lips ached for his and I almost wept with relief when he finally gave me what I wanted, what my body craved.

He kissed me.

Unlike the kisses he showered over my face, the one to my lips was hard and demanding, not the gentle peck I'd been expecting. I gasped in surprise, my lips parting under the force of his. He took the opportunity to ravage the inside of my mouth, no hesitation or pause on his part unlike me who simply took his punishing kiss without complaint. Pleasure rolled through me, but it was my turn to tease him, so I forcefully - painfully - pushed aside my lust.

When he sensed I wasn't participating as passionately as he was, he growled, pulling back. My lips pulled into a smug smile, but I still didn't open my eyes. His heavy breathing fanned over my face and I could tell he was annoyed that I wasn't as breathless as he was.

"Still not awake," I murmured, angling my body to face his.

With another growl, Caleb was suddenly on top of me. He pinned down my wrists to the bed, straddling my hips. I giggled and wiggled around, trying to escape his inescapable bond. My eyes flashed open to see Caleb sitting above me, his face dark with mischief. He leaned forward, bracing his arms on either side of my head.

"Kiss me," he demanded.

"No,"

"Kiss me,"

"No,"

"Kiss me,"

My resolve was wavering. My eyes kept straying to his lips which were looking more and more delicious by the second. I could tell he was purposefully pouting, sticking out his bottom lip to tempt me.

And boy if I wasn't tempted.

"No," I whispered weakly even as I turned my face towards his.

Caleb leaned forward, knocking his nose against mine playfully. I swallowed thickly and my lips parted. I saw his dark gaze narrow on my lips and I saw the strain around his mouth. His eyebrows furrowed and I knew he was fighting internally not to give in and kiss me first.

My will was great but I knew his was stronger.

So for the sake of both of our sanity, I gave in first.

Grabbing a fistful of the hair that curled at his nape, I yanked his head forward and connected our lips together.

This time, I was a full participant.