Chapter 8

"Cato. Cato wake up. Cato." I opened my eyes and I was on the floor of my room and Clove's mom and my mom were in my room. "What?" My mom pointed to Mrs. O'Malley Clove's mom. "Can I help you? Sorry for the mess. I guess I fell asleep."

"I see. Don't worry about it. Now let's get down to business. Now, Clove said you sent her a letter saying people were saying things behind her back. Also, you said something to. Can you tell me about this?"

"Yes. Clove told me the other night that, that you said we should probably stay away from each because we were getting into our teenage years. It made me sort of mad, so I left the Meadow. I was mad about it, and I was going to do what you said. I was going to stay away. I went to training earlier today to try and avoid her at all costs so we wouldn't have to really talk to her and stuff."

"I like that you were listening to me. Go on please."

"I had taken a break in training, and was drinking some water when Clove walked in. So, I went back to training. She sort of looked sad when I did though. I was training when we heard a scream and Clove had sliced her hand from the knife she had thrown. My instinct took over and I rushed over and helped her. I cleaned it off and wrapped it in part of my shirt."

"Thank you for helping her. She is very grateful for that to and so are we. Continue."

"I then went back to training when this girl named Audrey walked up. She started talking to me and we left the training center and then came back to have lunch because we couldn't figure out where else to go. While we were eating, she was asking me stuff like what I could do best and then I asked her what she was good at, she told me she was good at knives but not really and that she would end up like that clutz over there and she was referring to Clove. I then couldn't believe what came out of my mouth after she had said that."

"What did you say?"

"I said she was a clutz to. I regret ever saying those words. She is a good friend. I then decided to leave the training center and go home. That's when I wrote the letter."

"Okay. Thank you. Now, has Clove been over here lately?"

"She came over to drop off a letter and then I went back over to your house and dropped one off and that's when I last saw her."

"Well, she said she was going out for a walk to think, and she hasn't come back."

"What!? Clove is gone?"

"Yes. Do you have any idea where she could have gone. Yes. I'll go check the training center really quick and you go check the Meadow. Meet back at the bakery with or without her."

"Okay will do."

I took off down the stairs and ran out the door. I ran to the Training Center as fast as I could. I ran through the door, and searched. I was quiet for a second when I heard someone crying. I looked over by the knife section and found Clove leaning up against a dummy.

"Clove? Are you okay?" She looked up quickly to see who it was and then turned away. She wiped her eyes quickly and scooted over. "Ya I'm fine. Here sit down."

"Okay. What are you doing here? Your mom is worried as usual."

"I figured as much."  She leaned her head against my shoulder. "I just can't believe people are saying mean things about me."

"Clove ignore them. They don't mean anything. They don't knwo who you really are."

"Thanks Cato. Man it's cold in here."

"It is? I can't feel it."

"I know, you are raidiating body heat like crazy."

"Sorry." She scooted closer and she was shaking like crazy. "You are cold. Your shaking a lot."

"I'm sorry. Cato do I have to go back to my mom."

"Yes you do."

"I don't want to!"

"Clove she's your mother! You have to go back!" She moved away and turned towards me. "Cato, I'll go back, if you promise me one thing."

"What is that?"

"Kiss me." I'll admit I was a little shocked. I mean I had never really kissed a girl. "Okay." She smiled a little and scooted closer. I leaned closer to her when I heard someone open the door. I whispered to her pretend like I just found you. She nodded and we plated along.

"Clove come on you have to go home."

"No! I wanna stay here!"

"Clove please?"

"Cato, Clove is that you?"

"Ya were here." I stood up slowly and grabbed her hand and pulled her up and dragged her out of the Training Center. Her mother ran over and hugged her tightly. "Clove don't ever do that again!"

"Mom I'm sorry." They hugged for a long time. I then snuck home. My mom saw me and she said, "Did you find her?"

"Ya she was at the training center."

"Okay." I walked upstairs and got started on my room again. I had it mostly cleaned when Clove walked in. "Hey."

"Hey Clove." I stood up and sat on my bed. "Here sit down."

"Wow that sounds like dejavu."

"Ya. Where did we hear that?"

"In the training center."

"Haha ya."

"Can you close the door and lock it Cato?"

"Ya sure." I closed my door and locked it and I knew what she was going for to. "Okay, Cato I told you I would go home if you kissed me. Right?"

"Right." She had turned towards me and had leaned in a little. I looked at her and figured this was the only way to get her to go home. So I leaned in farther and her eyes had closed so I closed mine and kissed her.

We pulled away from each other and she was blushing a lot. "Cato, I may not be able to say this because I'm a little nervous. So here it goes. I....I...I like you. A lot."

"Clove that's great to hear because I like you to." She hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I was the one that was blushing now. I quickly thought of something different and it went away. "I have to go."

"Okay. Come on Clove." We walked downstairs and I said goodbye and she left. I then went back upstairs and finished my room. I then laid on my bed and fell right to sleep. I was really tired. After all that went on today, I just needed to rest and think.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Okay! I really hope you enjoy this!! It's 12:25 a.m. here right now. I'm really tired and I just hope you enjoy this. Also, should I enter this in the Watty Awards?