Chapter 3

We were at the meadow for a few hours practicing our skills. Clove finally got the hang of throwing the knife and got close to a killing zone 20% of the time. She had packed lunch for us, and it was really good. We practiced till sunset. "We better get going now."

"Okay. Can you help me gather everything Cato?"

"Ya. Do you want to leave the dummies here for tomorrow?"

"No. The Peacekeepers run everywhere at night. We don't want them to find anything. I brought a flashlights to help us find any little piece of dummy. We better hurry to."

"Okay. I've got must of the dummies I cut up in the bag you brought."

"Good. Find any little pieces you can." We searched till the sun went down, and we thought we found every little peice we could. We hoped if we left any behind, that they wouldn't find anything. We went our seperate ways and I went home. "I'm home!"

"Your late."

"You never said I had a time to come home."

"No I didn't. I don't want you out after the sun goes down. This is two days in a row this has happened."

"Mom, I was with Clove in the Meadow."

"Okay. If you are with her, and any of your other friends after dark that's okay. I just don't want you out alone after dark."

"Okay. So what's for dinner?"

"Chicken, and whatever else we have."

"Okay."

"Did you finishe your room?"

"No."

"Then go do it."

"Okay." I went to finish my room. I found things I had been looking for and hadn't seen in forever. I finished my room by the time dinner came around. "Dinner!!!"

"Coming!!!" I raced downstairs and sat down. "Hungry?"

"Starving!"

"Good. I cooked a big dinner."

"Awesome!!"

"Here ya go!!"

"Thanks Mom!!!"  I had chicken, a huge pile of vegtables, and some fruits. I ate it and went to bed.

                                                                              *The Next Day*

"CATO!!!!" I was asleep when I heard my mom yell for me. I rollled over and covered my head with the blankets. "Cato get up. Training starts today. Also, Clove is here." As soon as I heard Clove was here, I uncovered my head. "Okay." I put on the training clothes Clove got me and headed downstairs.

"Hey!"

"Hey Clove." I ate my breakfast as quick as I could, while talking to Clove. I finished eating and went off to training with Clove. "Do you think they found anything," I whispered to Clove. "No. I'm not for sure though."

"Okay. Wonder what they are going to have us do."

"Who knows. Guess we will have to find out."

"Yup!" We got to the training center and they led us to another room. There was a man there who was apparently going to tell us the rules.

"Now, I know all of you are new to this. What we do here, is we train you guys, and for you to practice skills that you are good at. We also teach you edible foods that are in the Games and you can most likely find in them. Don't fight with anyone. If there is a problem, go to one of the guides there. These weapons are real, and I see some of you have brought them. That's good, but you don't need to bring them unless you really want to. You will go to every station to see what things you are good at, there is knife throwing, sword training, spears, arrows, and there will also be certain station to learn servival skills. Once you find your talent, you will practice that more often than the other stuff. Well, let's go!"

We left that room and went with our partners to a certain section. Clove and I went to the swords first. I frgot to bring mine so I had to find one that suited me. "Hello, who are you?"

"I'm Cato and this is Clove."

"Nice to meet you. So, you guys wanna try swords."

"Yup!!"

"Okay. Cato why don't you go first. Pick a sword that suits you and go ahead." I grabbed the sword that suited me and held it the way way I held mine. I waited a few seconds then started. I chopped off two of the dummies' heads and then ones arm and then stabbed one. "Very good Cato!! Clove your turn."

"Here try this one." I handed her the sword I was holding and she used that one. They switched the dummies out for new ones and she started. She was really good. She swung it around her head and chopped all the dummies' heads off. "Great job Clove!! You were really good, but I don't think this is going to be one of  your best subjects." She nodded clearly angry at what she had just said and then we went to knives. A man was there instead of a woman. "Hello guys! What are your names. "

"I'm Clove and this is Cato."

"Nice to meet you. Cato I saw you over there with swords. You are really good. Clove you were great also."

"Thanks you."

"OKay let's get started. Who's going to go first?"

"I will." Clove walked up and grabbed three knives. "OKay Clove. These dummies are different then the sword dummies. They will move and turn around and stuff and when you see one light up, do what you want to do to attack."

"Got it." She stood there ready, while the dummies positioned themselves. One lit up and that knife was out of her hand like a shot. It ended straight in the middle and she turned around and hit another and then another.

Everyone turned around and I kinda hid myself from everyone. "Great Job Clove!!!" All three knives had ended straight where the heart should be. "Go back to your daily training everyone!!!"

"Great Job Clove!"

"Thanks Cato!"

"Okay Cato, let's see what you can do." He walked over and took the knives out and handed them to me. They lit up and I threw one spun threw another and then the other. They all landed in kill zones. "You guys are great at this. Clove and Cato, I will be seeing you tomorrow!!" We continued through everything and went home.