Chapter 5

I recognized the name. And now it all made since why she looked so familiar. She was my Janey, the one and only Janey. The one girl I had my biggest crush on. The girl I fell in love with. My eyes went wide at the recognition. Then I almost yelled, "THE Janet Covington. Like, of THE Covington's?"

She was shocked, but then she composed her self and asked, "Yea, how'd you know?"

"My dad's Joseph Nelson. Your dad and mine used to be best friends. Well until the, uhh, yea..." I trailed off, not wanting to finish the sentence.

She looked frightened, and she had every right to be.

I practically ruined her life.

_____________________________________________________________________________

After I told her who I was, her eyes glazed ove3r and she looked pretty freaked out.  I scooted closer to her and asked, “Janet? Janet can you hear me?”

A few minutes of me worriedly calling to her passed by. I was getting ready to call for an ambulance for she might have gone into shock, when her gaze straightened and she could see clearly. I was standing in front of her, watching her closely. She noticed that and looked at me strangely.

I was so close to her that I could feel her breath on my face, mixing with mine. She didn’t have bad breath or even morning breath. She smelled wonderful; I wanted to breathe it in more but decided not to when I remembered the look on her face. So instead I said, “Gosh Janet, I've been calling your name for like five minutes now."

"H-how have you been Cameron?"  She squeaked, trying to sound normal, but failing miserably. Oh, I guess she finally realized who I am. She must have remembered all the mean things I did to her.  

I was embarrassed that she remembered me for all the bad things I did to her, but there were some good ones…

*********Flashback***********

We were playing in her backyard, she had her Barbies out, and I had my ‘action figures’ out and we were taking turns throwing them into the castle to save her Barbie girls. Of course being little we thought once they were in the castle they could fend for themselves and get the girls out safely.

We had imagined that a dragon had escaped and that it would eat the Barbies if my action figures didn’t save them from the evil beast.

Of course they never did save them because they were dolls, but it still disappointed us so much. She often cried when we thought of her Barbies dying, being slowly eaten by the hungry dragon. She thought they were her only friends. That made me mad; thinking that this girl I have feelings for thought I didn’t like her.

Why would I spend time with her like this, playing some stupid game if I didn’t like her? Well, I didn’t realize my feelings at the time, and I didn’t understand them. And at that young age, anything I didn’t understand I wanted to hate. That’s why I always bullied her. I didn’t know it was wrong to make her cry, and when I was done making her cry I’d hate myself even more because the feelings would make themselves known again, which would start up the hate again.

The cycle went on every time I came to visit.  I’d get weird butterflies in my stomach when I saw her, the good feeling turning to hate, as I didn’t know what it was, and the hate being taken out on her.

Those days made me feel ill about me. I never enjoyed visiting Janey, but when I did go, I was just happy to see her again. Confusing I know, but that’s how the mind of a seven-year-old works.

********End Of Flashback*********

I shook my head, forgetting the memory. She might not even remember it herself, only the bad memories about me. I was embarrassed so I said, "Oh, sorry about when I was little. I didn't mean any harm."

She was confused for a second, then her eyes flashed a new emotion, partial forgiveness, but then she was nervous. "Well, I'm going to head out now that you have your room open and all." She said wearily.

She got up from the couch really fast, then half ran half speed walked to the door and left my apartment. I sat on the couch, stunned at how fast our reunion was, then stunned at how fast it ended. We finally meet again, and she leaves me, just like before.

I kept sitting there, doing nothing, just sitting. Then I remembered that the door was still opened. I stood up, and slowly walked over to the door. Not thinking of anything in particular, okay we know that’s a lie. I was thinking of her, and the way she looked now. She hasn’t changed much. Grow a little in height, and she’s filled out great in the chest and butt area, but she doesn’t have the same attitude. She’s more in control now. More…independent I should say. I liked her old ways, but this new one made me want her even more, and that’ saying something.

Now that we’re adults, I don’t have to worry about not understanding my emotions anymore, I know what love is. I almost fell in love once when she left. It was a girl in my junior class, Kassidy. She was beautiful and breath taking, but she lacked things that Janey had. She was skinny yes, and Janey was a little big around the edges, she was kind and understanding, but she just didn’t hold a place in her heart for me. She pretty much used me for her own advantages.

Sure I make her sound all good and stuff, and then make her sound like a total bitch, but that’s how it was. One day we were totally in love, then the next she said, and I quote, “I found someone who appreciates me more, who actually cares if I’m at a party without him.” I didn’t understand the party part, but what the heck? I don’t need her anymore anyways.  She only broke my heart. But now that she’s gone I realize what I’ve needed for so long. When I saw Janey again, I knew that she was that missing link for me.

My heart fluttered a beat at the thought of her being mine. I would have her one day, but not today. For now I’ll just try to get her to trust me. I never had any, so there’s none to gain back, but I can tell that she’s forgiven me somewhat, so now’s my chance to make things better between us. And one way to that is by explaining what her aunt wants with her now, and how I know what’s insider that letter.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Haha!!! Left you with a hook! (;

I can’t wait for the next chapter.

Vote, Comment, and just Read this book!

Look at this chapter’s funny pic and tell me what you think. If you find any pictures you just die seeing, you should totally hook me up and send the URL to me under a PM. Thanks for reading!!! XD

 oh and I need one more thing:

Who should I pick for the cast????

VOTE

COMMENT

FAn

AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF!!!!!