Niko (Sylys)

I hated that Dad couldn't just let me live my life the way I wished. No he had to send the guards. I knew how they worked most of them would never come to the dark lands, but General Niko I've caught sight of him a few time but was able to lose him. I pointed him out to Zephyr so he would know what he looked like. He didn't like that we looked a lot alike so alike we could be brothers. Mom said he was a Celestial disguised as an elf. I guess in a way we could pass as brothers we both had blonde hair and currently have blue eyes or they would be purple if we weren't hiding our heritage. I was tired of being on the run.

"Zephyr" I sighed. We were having a quick lunch at some restaurant.

"Yes my Angel" he smiled at me.

"I'm ready to go to the house your dad gave us" I said. I really wasn't but trying to stay ahead of Niko was exhausting.

"Ok love" he said he knew I really didn't want to. but also knew I was tired. He payed our bill and we headed south from where we were. Just as we got outside of the town we were in Niko appeared in front of us. Before I could say anything Zephyr punched him knocking him to the ground. Of course Niko defended himself I heard him say "Stop hear me out I'm here to help" as he fought off Zephyr.

"Zephyr stop please" I begged trying to not get hit or knocked off my feet.

"Marah is coming" Niko shouted. and suddenly Zephyr stopped.

"What did you say" He asked his eyes bright red. They both were bleeding.

"Marah is coming. She was the one controlling Sylys' dad. I swear to you both I mean neither of you any harm. I want to help you" Niko said

"When is she coming" Zephyr asked.

"Not exactly sure once Sage was able to break her hold on King Dom. She warned she was coming after the two of you and she wouldn't just control you she'd kill you Zephyr and then torture Sylys" Niko answered. Zephyr came over to where I stood and pulled me into and tight hug. What wounds he received from Niko during their scuffle were now healed.

"What are we going to do Zephyr. Will we be safe where we're going" I asked I didn't want Niko to know just in case. He may lead the other guards there to take me home.

"I don't know, Marah is powerful if she was able to get your dad in Reedwealth which I know is highly protected by light magic. Not sure if my father Dark magic is strong enough to keep her out. We could still go it will at least protect us from her minions. I can contact father between me and him we can fight her" he sighed.

"Let me help you Sylys. We've been friends along time I give you my word I only want to help you. Your mother begged me to come. Your Dad is coming around he isn't aware of what's going on has no memory of anything since they went on their trip and you came here" Niko said.

"I could knock him out" Zephyr said and started to go toward him.

"No, I feel we'll need him, and he did give me his word" I said

"Fine, but I'll give you one warning if you cause any harm to Sylys. I will kill you" Zephyr said in his face. I huffed and started walking. Zephyr caught up quickly.

"What's wrong my angel" he asked. I glanced back to see Niko following but keeping his distance he wouldn't be able to hear what we were talking about.

"You are aware I can handle myself if I had to" I asked.

"I'm sorry Sylys. I lost you once and will die if I lost you again" He said.

"If my mom trusted him enough to send him to help us. Then I think we can trust him also. I have a feeling we're going to need all the help we can get. If this Marah does find us" I said.

"I agree we will need all the help we can get. I'm going to contact Declan and Ella. Do you have any other friends that will help" He said glancing back.

"You're not jealous are you " I teased him.

"A little, because he was able to be near you when I couldn't. I almost gave up ever seeing you again, and I half wanted to see you with someone else as long as you were happy" he said

"You have no reason to be even a little jealous. As I said I had dreams of you for as long as I can remember. No one came close to the man in my dreams" I smiled and wrapped my arm around his waist as he wrapped his around my shoulders. We had to travel all day and most the night before we reached the grove of trees that looked like any other grove, but there where a pair of trees that made an arch and with the magic word on the scroll we were able to go in. Niko was right with us. Inside was a clearing and in the middle was a gourgous log cabin.

"Wow Father recreated my mother's childhood home. It almost feels like she's here" Zephyr smiled.

"Apart of her is here, Let's go in" I smiled we went in it was three floors on the first was a family room, kitchen and dining room. We continued to the second floor where there was four bedrooms. on the third floor was a huge master suite. I went and layed down on the huge bed.

"Niko you're welcome to one of rooms on the second floor" Zephyr called downstairs.