Zephyr Kross

*DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the pictures just pictures I found on the internet and thought they represent my characters*

Yes there are such things as demons and angels. I'm proof I'm a demon well half demon, in other words my father is a demon my mother was human. I'm not a bad guy pretty easy going type, but people saw me as a bad guy. Of course that probably has to do with the large bat like wings on my back and ram like horns coming from my head long black hair and eyes that change colors to my mood. I tryed to keep to myself but it wasn't easy in this tiny little village where I lived. It didn't help matters when my father did come to visit from the demonic world. He had to show off. Like today for example the sky began to darken clouds rolled in and the crackle of thunder could be heard. A stillness came over the village. The people ran for cover leaving the way clear. As death itself was coming for them. He drew closer and closer the ground beneath my feet rocked with such force that only could be compared to that of a major earthquake. I stood there and rolled my eyes. I knew what was coming it wasn't death. It wasn't even anything to fear really. Just my father showing off again. My father always loved the theatrics. Me on the other hand preferred to stay quiet. I wasn't always the quite one until mother died I was out partying like Father, but for him it was as if nothing changed.
As I stood here awaiting his arrival I thought back to that dreadful day. I vowed to never speak of to anyone. Other then my mother I'm also thinking of a beautiful handsome elf by the name of Sylys Rose. A beauty unmatched by any in the far off land unaware of my exsistance. (I'm not strong enough to stay away, I can't run from you. I wish I could run back to you. Like a moth I'm drawn to your flame. Say my name, but it's not the same. You look in my eyes. I'm stripped of all my pride. My soul I surrender to you and you bring my heart to a stop. It killing me to stay away. But it was killing me to stay. Even as I fight my heart would win over my mind. And would return to you if I only knew how) I'm suddenly brought out of my head as I'm engulfed in red hot flames. Though the flames don't touch my skin I still feel the heat. Couldn't my father ever do anything without making a big production out of it. No that would be to easy or simple, as he would say. "If your going to do something do it big. Make them remember you were here". I'm not the flashy type never really have been.

"Father why is it you always have to make such a display when you visit me" I asked him just to provoke his well known response.

"Do it big" with a vocie that sounded like thunder "If you my son were more like me then you would not have to ask such questions" All I could do is look at him with that feeling 'he was up to something, playing games again'

"And what do I owe for the unwanted pleasure of this visit father" I asked unamused of his display.

"Oh my son, does a father need a reason to pay a visit. I bring knowledge of finding the one you have this hidden love for. You seek to know where the hidden land where Sylys Rose lives" he said with an sinister grin. Uhg how does he find these things out. I know I haven't spoken to anyone about him since that day I was forced to leave him.

"How did you know Father" I asked annoyed.

"My son, I'm not one of the most feared demons there is by accident, Do you think for one moment I do not know what lies in you half breed heart". As my father asked this I couldn't stop thinking of my angel.

Sylys Rose I desperately wanted. I've tryed to hide the fact I was in love with this angel man. I knew it was forbidden, but I didn't care.
Or do I care if my father becomes angery and exacts his vengeance apon me.

"Tell me what you found out. I can no longer hide this love from you" I sighed.

"My son I understand your need for this boy and I will tell you where to find him, and do not fear my anger. I also was in love with one that was forbidden...Your mother" As I waited and listened. In my mind I knew he might play some sick joke on me as he done before. To get me to travel the world on some fool's errand to only find a note that read. *A father knows best for his offspring*. If does this again. I will no longer hold back my anger and rage for his childish ways.

"Please tell me where is he" trying to hide my excitement.

"He dwells where the sun is highest and the moon never has a face in a land where your dreams and nightmares come to pass" he answered. I know this place but for one like me to go my life would be at stake should I enter. Surely my father wouldn't send me somewhere I would be in danger. Then again who knows with my father. My mother would know if she were here and she could take father and his childish ways. She could help me figure all this out.

"Zephyr my son, your love dwells in Reedwealth. I do not need to tell you the way for you already know" he continued. I did know that's where Sylys was born how could I forget. During all this time the ground still trembled and hot flames danced around us. As sudden as it changed it was back as normal. The villagers reappeared as if nothing ever happened. But with all eyes on me. I knew my journey must begin soon and I will leave this sleepy little village behind.

* I wrote this story a while ago. I found, it was originally an male and female relationship I hope it sounds ok if it doesn't please tell me. My x husband also helped write it so it does have two very different styles in it I'm trying to change it to my style. I currently have 841 followers and still hoping to get 1000. Thanks for all the votes and comments*