Chapter 7

Charlotte POV

"Hey there love," a husky voice whispered in my ear.
I shot up in surprise. Coming face to face with me, was a pair of piercing mischievous green eyes.

"Who the heck are you!?" I shrieked. He pressed a finger to my lips.

"First of all, shush! Second, the question is who are you and why are you in my bed?"

I felt my cheeks flush, the blood rising to my face, my complexion turning a beet red.

"Ummm Sage brought me here?" I stammered.

"Ughh Sage needs to keep his whores in his bed!" My temper flared up.

"I AM NOBODY'S WHORE!" I roared, outraged. I stood up and marched out of the room.

"I am so done! I demand answers!" I thought. I stormed down the maze of a ship looking for Cobalt or Sage.

I saw a burly man down the hall. Yet I was so fed up and enraged that without hesitation I confronted him.

"Where are Sage and Cobalt? I demand answers!" I glared at him.

" who are you ?" He grunted in amusement.

"Look here I don't care how tough you are! Take me to Sage or Cobalt! NOW!" I shouted, completely at the end of my rope. He looked down on me with a snicker.

"Very well, milady!" He smirked. I stonily glared ahead as I followed him, trying to keep my rage at bay.

Sage POV

The crew members finally arrived on deck and Cobalt and I took turns explaining the plan.

"We are setting a course for Sark and we leave port tommorow at sunrise. Part one of our mission is completed boys." I calmly elucidated.

"We rescued Charlotte and we will be stopping at Sark to fetch some supplies and then continuing on to the portal."

Suddenly I heard a piercing screech.

We found Peter sitting in his bed, looking amused. I sighed in frustration and continued to search around to no avail.

Finally I returned up to the deck.

Suddenly the door was flung open and a very disheveled and disgruntled Charlotte stood in the doorway. "I WANT ANSWERS NOW!" She glared.

I ran a hand through my hair and sat down, pulling a chair out for her.

"Boys, please give us some privacy." The crew walked out, grumbling.

"What do you want to know?" I motioned her over to sit down. She plopped into the chair. " how the heck did I end up here? Why am I here? Where are we going? What is going on? Who are you?" She rambled on and on.

"Ok. One question at a time" I chuckled.

"First off, how did I get here?" She nervously glanced over at us. Cobalt and I exchanged looks.

"Cobalt was posing as a guard at the asylum and was planning to break you out but due to your condition, thought it would be wiser to sneak you out earlier."

I gave him a pointed look.

"Why would you random strangers want to break me out? How do you know who I am?" She said incredulously.

I ran my hands through my hair.

"Let's just say that you aren't who you think you are. I can't explain much. A lot of this is confidential. So, you can keep asking questions but keep in mind I can't answer them all."

She massaged her temples, sighing. " where are we going and what do you want from me?" 

"I can't tell you our final destination but we are going to Sark for provisions. We have been ordered by our boss to deliver you to the final destination. I don't know what they want from you. We will probably be traveling for approximately 2 or 3 months. "

She nodded and opened her mouth to ask another question. But, before she could say anything, angry shouts echoed from above.

"Pirate ship coming!" Somebody roared.  I stood up abruptly , searching the room for my sword.

"Charlotte! You need to stay down below decks! Stay in this room and you will be safe!"

I told her quickly and hurried out of the room with Cobalt by my side.

We quickly ran up the stairs to the top deck into a full blown battle, many of our crew partaking in the deadly dances of sword fighting.