Chapter 4

Chapter 4

            The whole drive I followed close behind the fancy car Alex was driving, I can’t imagine him with a girl, not him or Julian or Corbin or Theo. Frustration clouded my thoughts and as we pulled up to the club, I was ready to lose any thoughts of the boys, Carmen, or Oliver no matter what it took.

            The guys were waiting for me at the door. Corbin opened the door sweetly and followed me inside. Loud music and shouting met my ears immediately and the smell of alcohol was temporarily overwhelming. I felt someone close behind me, “Don’t worry, you get used to the smell,” Alex shouted.

            “Isn’t this a teen club? How is there alcohol?” I yelled at him over the dubstep, “And where is the bouncer?”

            He winked at me, “Just relax, Bailes! This is more like a party than a club.” A young, hairy man called him over before I could ask him any more questions. A party? I was always the life of the party, maybe this’ll be fun after all.

            Taking a quick look at the club I saw the guys scattered about the dance floor and the bar and amongst their friends. I decided to grab a quick drink and loosen up, try to forget.

            My grace in the heels continued as I sauntered towards the bartender and took the first stool in front of him. Slowly, I practiced my flirting for later, “Hi,” I smiled and looked at his nametag, “Dominic, I’m sorry but you owe me a drink.”

            He smiled slightly but his eyebrows turned down in defense, “Um…why?” Although he wasn’t as good looking as the Donovan’s, he was pretty hot.

            I giggled as I finished and put a hand over my heart, “Because when I saw you, I dropped mine.”

            Lucky for me, he chuckled lowly with appreciation of my clever pickup line, “Cute. Hold on a sec,” he turned and started a drink.

            Ba-bam! Even after eight wasted months on Oliver, I still had it. Another handsome guy sat on the stool beside me, “Hey babe, I’m Flynn. And you?”

            I blushed at the new source of attention, “I’m…” I looked around quickly, “Riley…Blake. I mean Bailey, Bailey.”

            Real smooth…

            Dominic placed the drink right in front of me, “Here you go, Bailey. That drink I owe you,” he winked at me and left to serve another customer.

            Flynn smiled at me, “So, where are you from?”

            Be smooth, Jackie. Be confident!

            I batted my eyelashes gently, “New York City, and you?”

            “Right here in Siesta,” he adjusted his shirt and I noticed how well muscled his arms were, I instinctively ran a hand over them.

            “Wow…” I muttered lowly. As I looked back into his steel grey eyes I saw a fresh start, something brand new. I took my chances in thinking he was into me, as he did come up to me at the bar and start a conversation, “Do you want to dance, Flynn?”

            He stood up and nodded eagerly, “Yes!” trying to regain his composure he finished, “that’d be cool, I guess.” I giggled at his cute behavior; I’m definitely dealing with a virgin.

            We reached the dance floor where the sweaty bodies of many awkward, hormonal teenagers grinded on each other. I pulled Flynn to the center of the mosh pit and started dancing with him, since I didn’t really know him I started slow and with as much space as I could manage to put between us, which wasn’t a lot because we were at the center and he was trying to get closer. I put a hand on the attractive brunette’s chest and held him at a distance, but he just smiled and removed my arm.