Chapter 3

Chapter 3

            After what seemed like forever the van in front of us slowly pulled into the driveway of a large house. The driveway was scattered with white sand and beach toys, but that’s where the mess stopped. The house was beautiful; it was elegantly white with a black roof and garage door. My mouth flopped open as I drove around the courtyard circle and parked next to the van in the four-car garage. Inside the garage I saw three motorcycles and a fancy, sheik black car waiting to be used. A couple of Segway’s leaned against a wall on the far side of the garage.

            “What the heck?” I asked myself as my eyes bulged out of my head.

            Scarlett and Lucas woke up in time to see we had arrived. Lucas shot out of the car and yelled to Sam, “Last one to the pool is a laser brain!”

            Theo wiggled his eyebrows at me, “Are you impressed yet?”

            I took Colin from him, “Well duh! This is amazing…” I climbed out of the car to meet Julian, Corbin, and Alex waiting for me.

            “You haven’t even seen everything yet,” Alex said and started unpacking my trunk.

            “Yeah,” Corbin agreed, “Here, let me show you to our room.” He held out his hand for me but I paused.

            “Our room?” I asked cautiously.

            The guys finished unloading my stuff and slammed the trunk down. Nathanial spoke first, “Yeah, you, Corbin, Julian, Alex, and Theo will be sharing a room.”

            I shook my head quickly, “No. No, no, no, no, no! I’ll share a room with Scarlett,” I can’t share a room with four fully-grown guys!

            “Umm this really isn’t-“ Nathanial started but was cut off by Alex.

            “Okay, we can work with that. Since there are five bedrooms we give one to Scar and Bailey, another to Mom and Dad, the third to the twins and Sam and Lucas, the next to Adrian, Sebastian, and Theo, and the last to Julian Corbin and I. We don’t even have to worry about Nathanial, because he’s staying with Aurora,” Alex made everything simple.

            “Aww I was really looking forward to sharing a room with Bailes,” Julian joked.

            “Bailes? Really?” my phone buzzed in my purse and I put Colin down. Scarlett quickly scooped him up and ran inside the house giggling. After digging through my purse I found my iPhone and read the following text:

Oliver Malone

Bailey, I’m sorry about what happened. Where the hell did you go?

            I muttered under my breath, “That douche.” I unlocked my phone quickly just so I wouldn’t have to keep reading the message before tossing it back in the abyss of my purse.

            “What douche?” Corbin suddenly stood close behind me. He put a hand on my shoulder and gently turned me around.

            I blinked back the tears I felt forming in my eyes, “I just remembered why I left New York.”

            Even Nathanial was curious, “Why? What happened?”

            Taking a deep breath I looked at the guys, I figured they were trustworthy. But that’s a problem I have…trusting too much. I looked away, “I don’t really want to talk about it.”