Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I figured it would be a while until the older boys arrived, since they were filling up my gas for me. Realizing I probably looked worse than the building right now I headed straight for the bathroom. Scarlett quickly grabbed my hand and asked to come with me, and I nodded my approval.

The bathroom was surprisingly cleaner than what I expected, the stalls were clean and there was no graffiti anywhere. Scarlett walked into a stall and I faced myself in the mirror, ugh we have some work to do.

First I pulled a hairbrush out of my small purse and brushed my long, blonde hair back into place. I quickly adjusted my tank top so my bra straps weren’t showing and realigned my jeans. Carefully I brushed on some black mascara and stared briefly into my bright blue eyes, after standing up straight I hoped I looked presentable enough. Scarlett came out of the stall and washed her hands, “You’re pretty,” she said while she wiped a paper towel over her wet skin.

“Thanks, Scarlett,” I smiled down at her; at least someone thinks so.

            We walked back into the main part of the restaurant together. I immediately noticed my baby blue mustang sitting in the parking lot; the boys must drive like speed demons! Alex spotted me from across the restaurant and waved us over. I took a seat in between Corbin and Theo, the latter of which stood up to pull out my chair for me saying, “I saved a seat for you, Bailey.” I nodded and smiled shyly before looking down at my menu and deciding what to eat.

            “What’s good here?” I asked anyone who was willing to answer me. Surprisingly, all of the boys on my half of the table immediately began listing their favorite dishes. All of the attention was a little too much for me to handle, I suppose, because I felt a headache coming on almost immediately.

            Corbin saw my tired look and came to my rescue, “Guys, guys!” he shouted above his brothers and they quieted down, “I’ll handle it.” He glanced at me but waited for someone to disapprove and when nobody did he turned to help me. The other boys went back to their own conversations.

            “Thanks,” I smiled gratefully up at him.

            “No problem,” he shrugged and scooted his chair closer to mine. Corbin leaned over so that his strong chest was inches from me, he started pointing out items on the menu but I couldn’t focus. All I could hear was my heart practically beating out of control while he continued reading aloud his favorite meals. I nonchalantly moved away from him and slowly steadied my heartbeat. Unfortunately he noticed my movement, “What’s wrong?”

            “Nothing’s wrong,” I smiled at him and changed the subject, “What are you ordering?”

            “Oh,” he happily went back to talking about the menu. I subtly studied him, he seemed caring enough and Julian said Corbin was a really good person. He was definitely good looking too. His blonde hair was brushed up at the front so I could see clearly into his hazel eyes. His eyes lit up and the muscles in his arms flexed every once in a while, mostly when he got excited about something. Luckily I caught the last part of his sentence, “…so I’ll order that.”

            “Yeah that sounds good,” I agreed without having the least idea of what he was ordering.

            “Really?” he sounded amused and a small smile played on his lips. I could tell he was trying not to make fun of me.

            I nodded my assurance, “Uh-huh! I have those all the time.” Hopefully, I wasn’t digging myself a grave; I was a vegetarian after all.