Chapter Thirty - Goodbye Letters

Kaci tapped her leg anxiously as she waited for her friend.

“Where is she.” Kaci muttered.

Strangers walked past her and she scanned each one to find her friend.

“Kaci!” someone called out.

I scanned the crowd to find them but there was no one. Someone tapped her shoulder lightly and she whirled around.

“Oh, Steve, it’s you.” she breathed.

“Yeah it’s me who were you expecting?” she replied.

“Oh I dunno Gwen maybe.” Kaci muttered grumpily.

She went back to scanning the crowd then with Steve standing next to her.

“Where’s Gwen? I thought we were going to see a movie.” Steve asked also looking at the many different faces.

“I’m not sure. She said she had to do something.” Kaci replied. “Oh and she told me to give out some letters and I think there’s one for you.”

Steve nodded as Kaci reached into her bag for the letters. She picked one out and handed it to Steve. Slowly, Steve opened the envelope and reached inside.

“Hey Kaci! We’re here!” Isabelle greeted walking up to the two girls.

Katrina, Emilia and Janet trailed behind her.

“Hi Izzy.” Kaci greeted back.

“Where’s Gwen?” Janet queried.

Kaci tapped her foot impatiently.

“I have letters from Gwen for you guys.” Kaci informed handing them a letter.

They read them intently.

“Oh no.” Steve exclaimed.

“Steve what?” Kaci asked her, alarmed.

Steve ignored her and carried on reading.

“Kaci read this.” Janet said holding out her letter. “The last line.”

Kaci looked Janet in the eyes worried and did what she said.

The last time I saw you, Janet, we were having one of the best moments of our lives. Who knew train rides could be so fun? It was one of the best days of my life and I can’t thank you enough. You’ve been such an amazing friend over the three years I’ve known you and I couldn’t really ask for any more. I’m sorry to say that the next time you see me I’ll be a version of Aragorn and you’ll be the horse to save me sent from Arwen. Except the cliff will be a building and the stars will be out.

I blinked, what did she mean?

“Kaci. Aragorn was dragged off the side of a cliff and nearly died.” Janet explained.

Kaci gasped.

“Kaci!” Isabelle screamed.

Kaci rushed over to her.

“Read this!” she instructed.

Kaci snatched it out of her hands and read.

Izzy you’re an amazing friend and a beautifully talented actress. I hope you find another love which is not fictional and live life to the extreme. I couldn’t ask for anything else from you because just being the great friend you are is enough. I hope the next time you see me it won’t be a shock. Because when you next see me it’ll be the Reichenbach Fall reenacted with me staring as Sherlock and you staring as John.

Kaci threw the letter back at Isabelle and snatched her own out.

Kaci. Amazing Kaci. You are a great friend. You’ve done so many things for me like save me from things, share great memories with me and just be the best you could. I hope you and Alex stay together for a long time, a really long time. You guys are just so perfect together! I couldn’t imagine you with anyone else. I’m sorry, I’m probably making you blush right now. You have been an amazing friend and I’m just glad that when I read The Fault in Our Stars you didn’t spoil it for me! Well I’m going to meet Gus now.

They all looked up from their letters then as an ambulance drove past its lights flashing and horn blasting its annoying sound.

“Oh no.” they all breathed.

It was like they were all on the same brain wave because they started running at the same time. They headed towards John Lewis and soon enough they reached it. There was a huge crowd surrounding something. They pushed and shoved to get to the front of the crowd. But as soon as they reached the front they wished they hadn’t. It wasn’t something the crowd was surrounding it was someone.  

Hellooooooo guys. I hope you've enjoyed Love and Hate because this is the last chapter. There will be an epilogue so don't go anywhere. The ending was a bit sad i have to admit but aren't most endings slightly sad? Anyway keep reading/voting and saty tuned for the book Gwen writes!

With Love! Lady_Greenleaf_ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx