Chapter Eleven - I Know Something You Don't

“So?” Steve asked. I smiled at her. “Is he your? Are you his?”

“Not really. It was just one time.” I replied.

Nobody else got what we were on about and pretended to be having their own conversation.

“Gwen!” someone shouted my name.

“Gwen!” it was Kaci.

“What? Kaci what is it?” I asked her.

“It’s Alex! He, oh lemme catch my breath.” She sputtered.

She sat down next to me and got her drink out.

“Okay. Alex asked me out again and I have no idea what to say.” She explained.

I raised my eyebrows. Alex had been asking Kaci out on and off for about two years and usually they only lasted about a week, sometimes not even that long. She looked at me expectantly but I just sat there with my eyebrows raised.

“Well?” she finally said.

“I think you should do whatever your heart tells you too.” Kassandra chimed in.

I rolled my eyes.

“Great, Kassandra the em-path, got any more helpful advice or are you done for the day?” I asked sarcastically.

Of course she should do what her heart tells her too! Jesus. It was sort of obvious.

“You should spend some time with him first and then decide.” I whispered in Kaci’s ear.

“Oh my god Gwen! That is like an amazing idea!” she exclaimed.

I smiled as she fast walked off into the school. Someone cleared their throat and I turned around to see Steve and Janet staring at me with their arms crossed. I raised my hands as if to say what and they frowned at me. I rolled my eyes again.

“It was nothing.” I explained,

“Well it was obviously something because your cheeks don’t seem to be losing the colour of a tomato.” Janet argued.

I put my head in my hands. What was I going to do? I couldn’t explain it to them without tell them about ‘the kiss’. My life was screwed. So I thought I’d just tell them. I mean it couldn’t hurt, could it? I leaned in so I could whisper to them.

“He kissed me.” I whispered to them.

Both their eyes widened and their mouths opened slightly. I found myself smiling and leaned back out. They looked at me completely surprised.

“Oh and then, before I left, he asked me to the party.” I added getting up to go with Tessa to our next lesson.

“And what did you say?” Steve called after me.

I turned around and winked at her. A smile lit up her face and she punched the air.

“Nawen is a thing! Nawen will be the greatest ship EVER!” I heard her shout over and over again as I walked away with Tessa and Janet.

Janet kept giving me smiley looks and they made me laugh. She knew I was going to the party with Nathan, Steve knew too, and she was going to keep it a secret. 

We walked into IT and I sat next to Isabelle. Because Mr. Tran was feeling happy today he let us sit where we wanted so Janet and Tessa came and sat with us. Janet kept giving me mischievous looks making me giggle and Izzy was completely clueless. I loved it when you knew something other people didn’t. You had an edge over them and they would do anything to know what you knew.

The bell rang and I slowly walked out the IT room. We had band practice tonight because the party was tomorrow so Tessa and I walked to the music room. It was on the other side of the school so we were the last ones to get there. Emilia was setting up her violin, Jacklyn was preparing the microphones, Jack was getting out the guitars and the others were just sitting and chatting to each other. I smiled at them all as we walked in. they smiled back and carried on doing what they were doing.

My face above the water.” I started singing.

We were practicing the song waves by Mr. Probz for the party and it was one of my favorites.

My feet can’t touch the ground, touch the ground.

Pulling against the stream.” I stopped singing just as the door opened.

Mrs Walliams came in and clapped.

“Gwen that was beautiful singing.” She complimented.

I blushed and thanked her. She gathered some papers and walked out the door again and the band strummed their instruments.

“What song next?” Tessa asked.

“Ghost.” I replied.

She smiled at me and propped her guitar up.

I keep going to the river to pray."

Next bit! Enjoy!

With Love Lady_Greenleaf_ xx xx