Chapter Six - Better Things

“Gwen, I’ve told you before you need to start taking responsibility seriously.” My mum nagged.

I grabbed a breakfast biscuit from the table and took a swig of milk.

“Bye mum!” I called out leaving the house.

I could hear my Labrador howl inside the house. Oops, I forgot to feed her. I’m sure mum will do it. I sighed annoyed as I reached the bus stop. Little miss judger was bouncing up and down. She probably has some ‘great’ news. I walked up to them and wrinkled my nose. Hayley had put too much perfume on again, and she stank.

“I’m so happy!” Leia exclaimed.

“Great.” I mumbled. I didn’t want her to say why but she was going to anyway.

“Carl asked me to the party!”

“And I wonder why he left it until today.” I said. She glared at me.

“And what, Gwen, is that supposed to mean?” she then asked.

It was the day before the party. What did she think I meant?

“Well, Leia, its Friday if you haven’t noticed and he left it a bit late I mean. Do you see where I’m coming from?”

“Na, I don’t but you could use your big head to explain it to me.” She insulted me.

I gaped at her. Hayley and Fran looked shocked and then recovered. I hear Jasper go, ooh burn behind me and smiled.

“My big head huh?” I smiled. Leia nodded.

My phone buzzed then and I got it out.

Hey bitch what’s happening?

It was Kat.

“Sorry Leia I would absolutely love to carry on talking to you but A. I have so many better things to do and B. I actually happen to have friends who don’t laugh at me behind my back.”

The bus came then and I walked away from them smiling to myself.

 Sorry about the short chapter guys! I have this friend who literally demanded I update. So I updated what I've done so far. Hope you like!

With Love! Lady_Greenleaf_ xx xxx