Dream 'Date'?

I woke up at 8:30 on Tuesday morning and hopped into the shower. I blow dried my hair, and let it fall naturally over my shoulders with my bangs twisted back and secured with a bobby pin. For makeup, I put on some mascara with light purple eyeshadow and a light line of brown eyeliner. I spent a long time staring at my closet wondering what to wear. I decided on denim short shorts with a grey tank top that was embroidered and sequined around the neck line. I slid on my signature Converse high tops and left my apartment at 10:20 so I would be fashionably late.

I had convinced Mia to trade shifts with me so I had the whole day off which I was excited about. It was 10:35 by the time I arrived at Panera. I walked in and saw Libby staring with a smile at the table facing the corner, well more at the back of the person at the table so I assumed it was Liam and walked towards it. I walked by him and slid into the chair opposite his. He smiled at me.

"You look great love." He said.

"Thanks! You're not too bad yourself." I replied "do you want to get something to eat? Because I'm starving!"

He laughed "I am too," he said as he started to stand up. We walked side by side up to the counter where Libby stood waiting. When we got there Libby commented on how cute we were together which made me turn a deep shade of red.

"Thanks Lib," I said, using the nickname she hated. She shot me a death glare but I shrugged it off. I decided that now was as good a time as any for introductions.

"Liam, this is Libby. One of my best friends of five years," I started "and Libby, this is L-"

"I know" she said cutting me off.

"Hi Liam! Nice to meet you!" She said with a genuine smile "What would you like?"

"Hmm," he said while scanning the menu and the wall of bagels "I'd like a brown sugar cinnamon bagel with a light roast coffee,"

At that Libby turned around and started preparing our food.

"So, you told your friends about me?" he whispered with a cheeky grin.

"Where'd you get that from? The fact that she knew who you were? It could be due to the fact that you're an international pop star." I said in a very sarcastic tone.

"No, I saw that look of recognition before she saw my face, she knew who I was. And she didn't seem the slightest bit surprised to see her best friend with a member of One Direction"

I blushed "I guess we'll never know," he gave me a knowing smile.

"Why didn't she take your order?" he asked.

"Of the five years we've been friends, she's worked here for four. She didn't have to."

Libby came back over to us with two plates once I'd said that.

"Maybe if she'd order something different once in a while I would have to." She said, referring to me. We all laughed at her remark. "I'll bring your coffees to your table in a minute."

We then took our bagels over to our table, and sat down across from each other. Soon after, Libby came over with our coffees (my breakfast usual came with a mocha cappuccino) and walking by her side was Mads.

"Woah, you weren't lying! It really is him!" Mads exclaimed once she saw Liam's face.

At that, Liam burst out laughing.

"Okay, fine. Maybe I did tell them about you." I turned towards my friends standing beside our table. "Thanks, Mads. Real smooth." She immediately turned red.

"Liam," I said turning back to him "This is my other best friend, Mads. Mads, well you know Liam."

They exchanged pleasantries before Libby suddenly realized that she was holding our coffees. She set them down beside our plates.

"Sorry, here you go. We should get going, leave you two to your date!"

"Oh, it's not a date," Liam informed her as my face fell.

"Oh," Libby said, confused and almost as disappointed as i was. "Okay, well see ya."

The two of them gave me sad glances as they walked away. I managed to put on my best fake smile before Liam looked back at me. We fell into conversation when they walked away. I was surprised by how easy it was to talk to him, no awkward silences or anything! And he made me laugh, I felt like I could be myself with him. I asked him about the tour and his career, he asked me about college and my plans for the future. I told him that I wanted to go to Northwestern as an education major and teach third graders. I'd wanted to be a teacher since middle school when I realized that if you did a good job, you could change lives.

But in the back of my mind I was constantly thinking about what he said. It's not a date. There was a confusing jumble of thoughts that had settled itself in the back of my mind and I couldn't get it out.

How could it not be a date? I thought he liked me. He kissed me! With tongue! That has to mean something, right? But how could he like me? We didn't even talk for two hours, he barely even knew me. But he still kissed me! With tongue!

Around eleven fifty he noticed that I was being distant.

"Hey Ave?" he asked, giving me a nickname and covering my hand that was set on the table with his. "You seem distracted, what's wrong?"

"Nothing Li, I'm fine."

He looked at me as if to say that he didn't believe me.

"Okay, fine. I just thought that you liked me and I was disappointed when you said that this isn't a date."

He squeezed my hand and said "I do like you. It's just that I realized that I didn't know you very well. When I kissed you it was mostly because you treated me like a normal person and you were nice, plus you're gorgeous." he paused when he saw my blush and smile "But now that I've gotten to know you a little better, I've come to like you because you're easy to talk to, you make me smile and laugh, and I feel like I can open up to you and talk to you."

"Aw Liam I feel the same way!"

"Good, because I would love to go on a proper date, tomorrow night. What do you say love?"

"Oh my gosh Liam, of course!" I exclaimed while we both stood up and stepped closer to each other. I threw my arms arounds his neck while he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. When we pulled away I gave him a peck on the lips after which he grabbed my hand and we walked out the door. It was noon, so he had to leave because he had to go to a soundcheck at one.

"Bye Ave," he said giving me a kiss on the lips. I kissed him back and we broke away when his phone beeped. He read it and started to smile.

"What is it?" I asked expectantly.

"The soundcheck is being moved to 6, what are you doing today love?

"Why? What do you have planned?"

"Well if you don't have anything going on, how would you like to meet the rest of One Direction?"

*A/N I'd love to know what you guys think!! Don't forget to vote, comment, and fan! I hope you guys are excited for the rest of 1D to join the story? Because I am!! Maybe a little romance with Libby, Mads, and other members of the band? Who do you think they should be with? Comment with your opinions! I already have an idea but I want to know what you guys think :) I love everyone who's reading, thank you so much!!!