4 -- Oh Brother Dearest

I hope you guys like this chapter! If there are any typos I didn't catch, please let me know. Please vote and comment! Any thoughts or opinions? I would love to hear them.

And I have to admit, more votes and comments tend to modivate me to crank out the chapters faster...

Anyways, thank you guys so much for reading! 

___________________________________________________

Nathan sat in the swivel chair at his desk. He leaned back and moved the chair from side to side. Rubbing his temples he gave a heavy hearted sigh. He needed some air. He needed to clear his mind. Grabbing his car keys and a jacket, and the red beanie on top of his coat racket, he decided he would go into town and drive a bit before dinner.

Connor had the engine running as he waited in front of a modest white picket fence home. “Hey babe,” a blond popped her head in. “Pop the trunk would ‘cha?” she threw her bags in and slammed the trunk shut. Gracefully sliding into the passenger seat, the girl gave Connor a peak on the lips. “Thanks for taking me to the airport. I’ll be back in about a week.” Connor nodded. Buckling the seatbelt, she looked up at her boyfriend. “What’s wrong?” her lips pouted.

“Nothing. I’m just gonna miss you is all.” He gave her a wink.

A smile ripped across her face. “I’ll be back in no time!” The blonde reached for the car radio. Turning up the volume she sang the words. Connor peeled his eyes from the road from time to time to watch her. He was captivated by her beauty and the effortlessness about her.

He pulled up to the airport and helped his girlfriend with her things. “Don’t miss me too much,” she teased. Her arms were draped around his neck. His hands placed firmly on her hips he whispered, “Tiffany, I miss you all the time,” as he pressed his forehead to hers. The words delighted her. She leaned further up so their lips would meet. Her cheeks became warm against the cold autumn hair. Breaking their kiss after a few moments she whispered, “I have to go…”

“… or you’ll miss your flight…” He finished her sentence. He looked into her eyes and gave a childish smile. “See you soon.” One last peck on the lips and he let go. Getting back into the car, he watched her as she walked in.

On his way home, Connor's phone rang. “Hello?”

“Connor,” His mother responded. “Bring the girls to dinner tonight, I made too much food.”

“The girls?” He asked questioningly.

“Tiffany and Sophia,” his mother said with a dramatic tone; as if it were obvious.

“I just dropped off Tiffany at the airport.”

“…Then bring Sophia…” Connor began to protest. “I like her, she’s a good girl. Bring. Her.” The phone call immediately ended. She had hung up on him. Connor held the phone out in disbelief. Annoyed, he drummed his fingers on the steering wheel.  

Going through his contacts list, he finally clicked the green dial button. After several rings, Connor was about to hang up. “Hello?” A female voice spoke. “Sophia, its Connor. Where are you?” She gave him the corner of two streets. “Stay there.”

“What’s wrong? Is everything okay?”

“Just stay there,” he clicked the red “end” button on the screen.

Sophia stood in the cold rubbing the sides of her arms to warm up. “I wish I hadn’t lost my beanie,” she muttered under her breath. A white mist of air formed in front of her face. She pulled her olive green jacket closer to her body. Sophia took her thick scarf hanging uselessly around her neck and tried to wrap it around properly. As the brunette stood on the curb, she heard a honk and looked up to see a familiar face. “Hey you,” the voice called. Sophia released an exasperated sigh through her nostrils. The traffic light was still red. Quickly running into the car, she hopped into the passenger seat, and slammed the door shut.