10: The Choice

Alice returned home from work and felt eager to finally lie down. Tired, she threw her bag at the couch and herself on top of it. Unconsciously, she fell asleep.

She would go up at the rooftop but when she remembered the night before, she decided to just stay inside. She walked up last night and and went back alone. 

It was nine past thirty when she visited the rooftop. She stayed there for forty minutes, hoping the turtle would appear. She did not care if Raphael would whine about her not showing up for three days, because she probably would be too happy seeing him again. She missed the excitement. She looked up and around.

At every small sound she heard, she would snap and look, hoping it was the turtle. But it would always either be a leaf or some kind of echo coming from the streets.

Finally, it was ten past two when she stood up with a heavy heart. Alice reached for the metal door and pulled it open. She paused to look behind her one last time, hoping he would turn up. But nothing. She closed the door afterwards and walked down the stairs.

Seconds later, Raphael jumped at the rooftop, unaware of her presence not too long ago.

So tonight, Alice thought, she'll just stay inside her apartment room. She knew she could not handle the sadness when she realizes the turtle was not coming back anymore.

In the other side of New York, the turtles had just finished a new mission. They completed the mission they had been trying to finish. New York City was now free of terror caused by the purple gang. Raphael and Leo had been getting alone since Raph mostly decided to stay home during the night when they were setting up the gear and strategies.

Now, Raph was free again. The first thought in his mind was to visit Alice. Just one last time, he thought. One last time, if she wasn't there, he'd come home and just patrol a different side of New York. He would give up their friendship or whatever it was they had.

So he went straight to her apartment.

---

Raphael arrived at the rooftop and just after an hour, he had the urge to peek at her window, wondering that maybe she was there.

"It's gonna be the last time I'll see her, so, better savor it all one last time." He thought to himself. Raphael jumped over the ledge and landed at her window side. Raphael was going to leave after one minute of looking at her, but something stopped him.

Alice had just stood up and was getting ready for bed. She removed her hair tie and allowed her hair to flow freely. She scratched her head lightly and stretched before removing her coat. 

By the time Alice removed her coat, she heard something click at her window.

She had never heard anything from outside. Through her peripheral vision, she saw a shadow quickly move away from the light.

That's when she knew he was there.

Her heart beat fast. She was excited, eager, and most of all...feeling different sensations she could not even tell what.

Raphael thought he was smart and that he was not caught. So, he peeked once more to check if she noticed and felt relieved when he saw her removing her heels.

Alice kept her back to the window so he could not see her face. She walked towards her speakers and played her favorite song on the radio. As it began, she gracefully moved around the living room, removing her accessories one by one with Raphael watching her in mind.

"He wants to watch, huh. I'll give him a show." She mentally told herself as she turned the other way as she removed her top.

Raphael bent down, watching her remove her sweater. He felt himself pulsate again. Then, when he realized he was doing something wrong, he looked away, shut his eyes and shook his head.

"No, I can't do this. This is wrong." He told himself, stood up but still hid himself and prepared to leave. Before he left, he took one last look.

He saw Alice's bare back. She was wearing her tanktop now. Slowly, she pulled her tanktop and removed it. Raphael was staring again.

After she removed her tanktop, she knew she was wearing nothing but her bra ontop. Alice wrapped her arms around her, ran her hands up to pull her hair up and moved her head to the side as if stealing a glance behind her.

Without looking directly at Raphael, her eyes darted at his direction and it was enough hint to tell him that she knew he was watching.

Raphael was frozen.

His mind and body froze. Then, he felt crazy. His natural, human, carnal tendencies were ablaze. When he saw her look at to the side, he knew that she knew.

He was turned on.

But he was also confused as to whether the hint he saw was correct or if she's just hinting at him if he should leave now. But then, Alice kept her head looking at the side when she unbuttoned her pants. And he knew he could stay.