6: Saved

Rushing home, Alice went straight up to the rooftop. She left the door open a creak and looked around. She glanced at the seat she set up last night, hoping she could relax that night as she awaits for the stranger with the red bandanna. But tonight, it all went downhill. She glared at the seat, walked towards it and turned around. She began to shout, "Hey!"

Alice paced the rooftop, impatiently waiting for the stranger, "I know you're here." She said sternly. When she heard a flutter by the chimney steam, she turned around.

"Wonderful night, isn't it?" Raph said.

She didn't even laugh, "What the hell was that earlier?"

Raph badly pretended, "I have no clue--"

"You know damn well what I'm talking about. Why were you there? What, you come along and follow me everyday now?" Alice was livid. Mostly because she was humiliated in front of people, but if anything, she was somehow grateful to escape from the pervert, although she wished it was more subtle.

"How did you know?"

Alice tried to calm herself down and responded to him, "I saw you."

Raph snapped his head, looking right into her direction. He noticed she was looking through the shadows. He became paranoid.

"I saw your red mask fluttering for a millisecond." She added. Somehow, Raph was relieved that she still doesn't know how he looked like. "But I knew it was you."

"You're really clever." Raph sneered.

"I was humiliated." She said. Her voice broke and it struck Raphael. His eyebrows furrowed as he watched her speak.

"I saw what he was doing." Raph defended himself, "I didn't like it. I did what I could."

"Yeah well I would really appreciate your help if it didn't involve embarrassing the victim as well." Alice sighed and shook her head.

Raph suddenly became upset at her response, thinking how ungrateful she was. "You should be thankful I saved you from that perv."

"Honestly, I didn't really need your help. I was going to do something about it until you flicked something on him like a goddamn nine year-old."

Raphael gritted his teeth and turned. He was now facing her, but still standing in the shadows. But his figure seemed clearer to Alice, "Sorry I had the urge to actually save somebody who doesn't know how to be grateful!"

Alice took a step closer, "Sorry but not everyone here needs to be saved. Especially those who don't. ask. you."

The turtle laughed sarcastically, "Fine! Should've just kept that thing in my belly instead of wasting it on that son of a--"

"--I was humiliated." Alice shook her head, her voice broke again. This silenced Raph. His anger slowly toned down as he saw her eyes glisten with tears under the nightsky. He was not aware that Alice had began to reflect on everything she had been through.

She turned around to cover herself from crying. Alice stopped herself before she began to cry and made sure she did not sound weak in front of the stranger. But there was an urge inside her that made her want to tell him. She didn't know him, but she thought that she would feel comfortable in telling him and expressing it through her anger. Alice slowly turned but not completely, "I never leave the date without feeling humiliated." She mumbled. She was not asking for pity. She wanted to say it because she just realized it. Alice sneered at herself.

"Tonight I thought if the date ended well, it would be my last. Not because I'd actually date him but just to prove to myself that I'm something." She looked at Raph's direction, "But it just had to end that way, huh."

Raph stayed still, "You didn't deserve it."

"Who are you to tell me that?" She sneered. How ridiculous, she thought. A stranger telling her this. "In fact, who the hell are you? I've been talking to you on this rooftop and I haven't even seen you, yet you're telling me these ridiculous things."

"I told you--"

"Who are you?!" She exclaimed, anger and frustration in her voice again.

Both fell silent. Only the gust of the wind could be heard at the rooftop. Alice hoped the stranger would reveal himself. She hoped that he was someone, a person, who at least understood her. And Raph hesitated, but felt the urge to show himself.

"How do you know about me?" She paused, "You've been watching me here, haven't you?" The stranger didn't answer. She repeated her question, and her voice broke, "Who are you?"

Raphael inhaled deeply as he stared at the woman standing in front of him. He thought about how ridiculous it was, how crazy the situation is, how strange it is for him to still be here when in fact he could just leave like an actual ninja. But the turtle was frozen, until he took one step closer, exposing his figure. "You sure you want to know?" he asked her calmly.

Alice appeared to be committed to her curiosity, "Believe me, I want to."

There was silence until Alice added, "If a woman like me can trust a stranger like you, I don't think you have any reason not to show yourself."

Raphael knew she was right. And in one last step, he exposed himself under the moonlight. Alice's eyes widened, but Raphael took another step until he was a few inches away from her. Alice looked up at the turtle's towering height, bulky body features as she remained dazed and quiet.

"Hi." Raphael warmly uttered.