Chapter 14 - Fool Me Once

Since I had to go shopping with Caroline I decide to skip class today. I had already called both classes to tell them I won't be coming anymore. And as I had nothing to do for another 3 hours I decide to snoop in mom and dad's room to see what else was there. I find a box filled with things that seemed to be Jonathan Gilbert's inventions, it seems interesting so I take it to my own room and start looking through it. There was a muzzle of a sort; probably for vampires along with what seemed to be his unsuccessful ideas. But at the bottom of the box, I find a ring box. It had a beautiful and intricate design and a Topaz stone in the middle. The strangest thing was that it emitted some sort of a weird vibe like it was something powerful. I decide I should give it to Mrs. Bennett; it probably belongs to her anyways.

After an hour I get bored so I decide to make some breakfast for Jer and me

After an hour I get bored so I decide to make some breakfast for Jer and me. I start making waffles since I was extremely bored and well Jer loves waffles. I hear a knock on the door as I was about to pour the batter in the waffle iron. I went to answer and saw Stefan standing on the other side. "What do you want Stef?" I ask. Please say I came to apologize. "I need your help. Elena's in trouble." Stefan replies. Of course, she is. Why else would you come here? "Come in. What do you want?" I ask him as I walk back into the kitchen to make the waffles. "Well I don't know where Elena is, so I was hoping you could talk to Mrs. Bennett and find out." He says as he follows me and stands beside me. Way too close. "Stefan if you just tell her the problem she will help, she hates vampire, not my sister. Besides, I think whoever took Elena took Bonnie too since Care texted me saying Bonnie hasn't been texting her back since her date." I tell him while closing the iron shut. I turn towards him to see him looking at me with regret. "Look, Ari, I'm really sorry about last night I was just worried," Stefan says. "Now's not the time Stefan. You should go look for Elena since you are so worried." I tell him. "Just text to let me if she's okay. And if Mrs. Bennett says no call me I'll go talk to her." I say and turn back and take out the cooked waffle and put batter for a second one. "Okay. We can talk later though right?" Stefan asks. Yes. "No Stefan I don't think so. We'll see. Just save my sister first. Go." I tell him. Stay, please. "Okay." He says and left. I try to control my tears. I need to focus on spending my day with my friends and not him. So I just focus on breakfast.

I was putting toppings on the waffles which were whipped cream and chocolate sauce. I had already started the coffee and heard the beep signifying that it was done and poured it into two mugs. Jer walks down as I set the plates on the island. "Morning. I made waffles." I greet him as he sits down on a stool. "Morning Elle. Thanks for this." He says as he starts eating. We both eat silently. "So you're going shopping with Caroline today?" Jer asks after he is done. "I don't actually have a choice. So I guess I am. I was thinking before that, we could maybe do something. Any ideas?" I ask him hopefully since I want to spend as much time as I can with him. "We could just stay and pack or watch TV," Jer tells me. "Well, there's no use packing since Caroline will make me buy clothes for the two months in New York. So the TV it is. Suite life or Friends?" I ask I love both the shows and have probably watched them at least 5 times. I love sitting and doing nothing. "Friends. Definitely. Are you going to the party tonight?" Jer asks. "Yeah, I already promised Care I would go. Are you going too?" I ask him. I didn't really want him anywhere near the party since he has been doing so well. "No, I'm not. So don't worry." Jer assures me. "Okay. Come on let's go." I tell him.