Chapter 9 - History Repeating

Waking up in the morning is becoming harder, after staring at the ceiling for a few minutes I finally get up and get dressed for my class. I jog to the class and start practicing immediately, thankfully I am getting better at defending myself and throwing punches. After failing miserably against my teacher Josh who really enjoys my misery and is becoming a friend I head for archery which I definitely enjoy more than defense. My shots are getting better I am nowhere near getting bullseye but still, there is progress. Finally, I reach home and am able to ignore the strong urge to go to bed. I take a shower and get ready for school before going downstairs.

Finding Jer sitting there with his own coffee along with a cup for me

Finding Jer sitting there with his own coffee along with a cup for me. "Thanks," I tell him and sit down while enjoying my coffee. "Where do you go every morning?" Jer asks. I knew this question would come. I am saved from answering as Jenna comes downstairs. "Good morning Aunt Jenna." I greet her; she looks exhausted, couldn't blame her she has been given the responsibility to raise three teenagers while also finishing her education. "Good morning Ari, Jeremy. Why aren't you at school yet?" Jenna questions. I check the time to see we only have ten minutes till school starts. "Oh my god, we're going to be late. Come on Jer. Bye, Aunt Jenna sees you later." I say while taking my bag and heading to the car. I hear Jenna shout a bye and be careful before I start the car and head towards the school. Jeremy is still waiting for the answer I know that as he kept staring at me. "Ari, come on tell me." He whines. Geez. "I take classes every day. Archery and self-defense. Okay?" I tell him. He looks ready to say something but we reach school so he stays silent. We both get out saying bye and go our separate ways.

"Hey Ari, can I talk to you for a minute?" I hear someone say from behind me, I turn around to see Stefan. "Hey Stefan, maybe later? I don't want to be late to class." I tell him hurriedly while taking the books I need. "Okay at lunch? It's really important." Stefan asks. "Yeah sure," I tell him and hear the bell go off. We both start walking together since we have a history together. We sit down and a new teacher walks since Mr.Tanner died; I couldn't control the shiver that ran through me as I thought about that night. "Good Morning everyone. Alrighty. Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful, I know. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here from 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grandfather I will never be able to thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce 'Alaric' but it's 'Alaric,' okay? So, you can call me Rick. I'm your new history teacher." The teacher basically rants while writing his name on the board. I like him already. That was the most amazing history class I ever attended. The rest of the classes were boring and then comes to lunch.

 The rest of the classes were boring and then comes to lunch