Chapter 13 - Children Of The Damned

I had decided to go to the defense class since there was no school today. So I change into some workout clothes and leave for there. I spend two hours in class. Since I had the whole free day I decide to spend it with Tyler and Matt. As I reach home I take the gifts for Jer out of the car. I go to my room and take a nice hot bath. I change into some jeans and a cute jumper. I put the gifts in one bag and head towards Jer's room. I knock on the door since it was locked and silently pray that he likes the gifts.

Jer opens the door. "Hey, Elle, what's up? Did you need something?" He asks as he opened the door wider for me. "Hey, Jer. I just wanted to give this to you." I tell him while handing him the bag. He takes out the sketchbook first, it had the sketch of Joker on the front and the quote Why so serious? He then takes out the art kit which had watercolor paint tubes, acrylic paint tubes, oil paint tubes, oil pastels, colored pencils, watercolor pencils, paintbrushes, and spatula. Last of the art supplies was a chalk set box. He hugs me tightly before pulling away. "Why did you get all of this? Not that I mind, it's all amazing and I love it but is there a reason or were you so bored from shopping that decided to buy all of this?" Jer asks teasingly. I laugh a little and tell him, "There's something else." He looks at me with confusion and then takes the bag and search for the gift. I had put the bracelet in a box. It had four charms on it. The first one just had a letter J. The second one said Strength. The third one said let your faith be bigger than your fear and the last one said one day at a time. He just kept staring at the bracelet. I was getting a bit anxious. "Do you like it? It's okay if you don't like it." I tell him when he didn't do anything just stared.

I was still sitting next to Jer, I was about to apologize and leave when he hugs me tightly again and whispers why

I was still sitting next to Jer, I was about to apologize and leave when he hugs me tightly again and whispers why. "Jer you've been working hard and I wanted you to know you'll always have me, no matter what," I whisper back before he pulls away. "Thank you, Elle. I love it. All of it." Jer says with a wide smile and tears in his eyes. I smile at him glad he actually liked it. "I'm glad. The art supplies are so that you can draw whenever you feel like you need the pills or anything. I know art is your escape so... As for the bracelet I just wanted you to remember that you're stronger than any urges." I explain to him. He smiles widely at me and thanks me again. I leave his room and text Matt and Ty to meet me at The Grill. They both text me back an okay. And I leave for there walking.